• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA to allow players to transfer every year. Yippie. What a fing joke.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  567
  • Days Won:  1

Perhaps maybe tier rules must be added to protect the smaller and poorer universities from the larger, and richer ones.

NIL is supposed to help the student athletes while they are in college, but also to protect them against potential losses if something were to happen to them before they were able to go pro.

Maybe different potential values for each school year they are enrolled in the college of their choice, with a reasonable cap so that they (and the school) won't be penalized for jumping to a different school at will.
ie. $20,000 incoming 1st year, +$10,000 for second year, +20,000 third year, $30,000 for 4th year, 5th year, and graduate transfers.  These would be caps to the NIL they could offer each SA (Student Athlete).

Also, a portion of each NIL must include health insurance and General Insurance to payout if the SA were to get injured enough not to continue on to a professional career.

I think this would be in addition to any athletic scholarships that the SA might have been awarded from HS and College.  It would protect against poachers offering millions of $ to a CHILD as well as the universities and fans who get their hearts torn out of their bodies, and promote the ability of SA being able to remain at their initial school for at least 4 years or longer, since I think this level's the playing field.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

I say we invite the Saudis and LIV to college sports!

We could get the kids more money that way.  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

25 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

protect the smaller and poorer universities from the larger, and richer ones.

Why? Why does the 98-pound weakling who can't deadlift twenty-five pounds need protection? If you can't keep up with the pack, maybe you should find some other autumn afternoon activity to fill the hours. I hear pickleball is getting really popular and the start-up costs are minimal. This is a business run by the haves to the detriment of the have-nots. Today would be a great day to embrace it. 

1679834798396.jpg.745fc8b59afb11bf6a410b68d1cb5669.jpg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  357
  • Content Count:  4,111
  • Days Won:  56

Problem is, if you're a "have-not" you have almost zero chance of ever changing your station and becoming a "have" - and the "haves" don't need to be successful in order to remain "haves" 

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,901
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Problem is, if you're a "have-not" you have almost zero chance of ever changing your station and becoming a "have" - and the "haves" don't need to be successful in order to remain "haves" 

It is an unfair and exclusive system.   How does it continue?   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, USFBulls12 said:

I know at this point, for most people, it's semantics, but can we stop referring to the payments to players from the universities as "NIL" and properly refer to it as "Collectives"

Honestly I think the term "NIL" is just being used like Coke is when talking about a soda. It's the word that started all this and people are used to it. "Collectives" sounds too hoity toity even if that's what their legal identifier is. I'd suggest just using "Payola" or the cruder "Bribery" when referring to all this.

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

32 minutes ago, Cat941 said:
54 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It is an unfair and exclusive system.   How does it continue?   

Some have these views and questions regarding life and the world in general.  And yet, somehow we persevere.

"Life Ain't Fair" Sticker for Sale by hallyq14

My question now is, will midseason transfers become the next "new normal," so that the Big Boys in contention can load up for that playoff run?

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

42 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Some have these views and questions regarding life and the world in general.  And yet, somehow we persevere.

No. YOU, me, and the rest of this forum perseveres. America perseveres. You ever take a step back and realize that we’re already the haves in all of this? But for the have nots in this global system, it’s starvation, suffering, rap3, looting, death? In a less consequential system of college athletics that isn’t the case and the worst thing that might happen is that athletic programs need to shut down. But regarding life and the world in general, millions don’t persevere and it costs them their life. Until it costs you one of your family members or your own livelihood, you’ll never understand what it is to be a have not in the world, if you think we persevere. This species may continue on but that certainly doesn’t mean each individual person will persevere. Do you want to be that person who doesn’t? Do you want to be that athletics department that doesn’t, even though the system lives on without you? I don’t. 

Edited by USFBulls12
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

UCLA DT transferring out

ASU QB transferring out

Michigan State DT transferring out

TAMU DB transferring out

Looks like a huge chunk of Colorado, too many to name

Just scrolling CFB news for 30 seconds that is what I see

Not a G5 problem

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

A collegiate athletics problem that deepens as you go down from the P2.