• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College MBB Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  366
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We were conference mates for a good while if that's what you mean by same level. We've never really been on their level basketball-wise, though .....

Not basketball just conference wise. They have always been way better than us in basketball.They moved up in conferences and we’re still here. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,493
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, 350_BULL said:

The reality of this is a punch in the gut.

I was ok with Sam Hines as he was looking for a way to get his playing time higher. But a Star player leaving for money is pretty lame.

Declaring for the NBA is one thing but transferring to a different school for money is another. 

CAAR should try to get Hines back. He will get some more minutes.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,889
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, 350_BULL said:

The reality of this is a punch in the gut.

I was ok with Sam Hines as he was looking for a way to get his playing time higher. But a Star player leaving for money is pretty lame.

Declaring for the NBA is one thing but transferring to a different school for money is another. 

Disagree, my highest earning years were the past 15 years and the window is closing, glad I sacrificed when I did to take advantage of this.  Most of these kids highest earning potential is now, go get yours while you can, they won’t have much to fall back on or have the aptitude to excel in anything once their playing days are over.  However I think Youngblood has a future in whatever he wants to do, he is impressive, the rest of these guys not so much. But at his age it is hard to say no to the money.

• Upvote 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,708
  • Days Won:  108

7 hours ago, jmbull said:

That’s what I’ve been trying to say. You’re telling me they wouldn’t have taken 100k each. 50k? We don’t have that? Again where are our donations going? What players are getting what? Or are we just paying for the salaries of the people that run the Fowler collective? 

How many people do you know that have donated $50k to the NIL?  And that would be enough to keep one guy - maybe Byrum Brown. Too many players in too many sports for this to end well for USF. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

How many people do you know that have donated $50k to the NIL?  And that would be enough to keep one guy - maybe Byrum Brown. Too many players in too many sports for this to end well for USF. 

As long as the NIL is run like it currently is we are screwed. There will always be schools with more money to steal away our good players. What I loved about college sports was seeing our players improve over their 3 or 4 years at USF. Now as soon as I get to know the players they are gone, especially the good ones. 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Most of these kids highest earning potential is now, go get yours while you can, they won’t have much to fall back on or have the aptitude to excel in anything once their playing days are over.

I think you are stereotyping here. And wasn't Hines an all-academic? And if they all earn their degrees, why will they not have much to fall back on?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Most of these kids highest earning potential is now, go get yours while you can, they won’t have much to fall back on or have the aptitude to excel in anything once their playing days are over.

Sad.  

A college degree used to be the way, but politicians destroyed that. 

Also sad to think a 24 year old faces nothing but downhill their last 60.  

52 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

How many people do you know that have donated $50k to the NIL? 

That would be hilarious.  

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,419
  • Days Won:  43

Both Calipari & Tom Izzo recently have made great points regarding the portal. Izzo hates it but still loves to coach just feels that college athletics is going in a bad direction. Calipari said he is going to introduce himself to the Arkansas team, then jokingly said they don’t have a team lol. Basically said he is going to have to build a new team just about every season. So basically it will come down to the coaches so hopefully USF keeps CAAR for at least another season 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Does it really matter?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,419
  • Days Won:  43

7 hours ago, Brad said:

Does it really matter?

Calipari made an interesting comment regarding that Arkansas is waiting for the NBA draft to run its course before they start putting together a roster. I believe USF is basically doing the same thing with waiting to bring in NBA hopefuls that don’t make the draft. Seems like USF is on their way to becoming a great place to develop players for the NBA which is a good thing moving forward. In other words, as long as USF keeps CAAR who has good NBA connections they are going to be fine imo. Go Bulls!!