• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something needs to be done

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

Yeah, that didn't happen.  Like I said, if you think the game is over and fouling is tedious change the **** channel.  No one is making you watch until the clock hits double zero

Edited by olafberserker

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Yeah, that didn't happen.  Like I said, if you think the game is over and fouling is tedious change the **** channel.  No one is making you watch until the clock hits double zero

Even our SMU second half felt that way and it’s not even close to the most flagrant example, i am usually multitasking during the games and it doesn’t bother me as much. However  when everyone else I try to make watch asks how can I watch this **** and says they don’t care who even wins they just want it over, I have to take notice. It’s a bad ending, the consumers aren’t wrong and it’s okay to change for the better.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

It's the only sport where I dread the end of a close game 🤣

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

9 hours ago, hm101 said:

Or I'd make a rule that under 30 seconds you can elect up to say 5 free throws as long as you're willing to give the other team the same number. That's much more exciting and effectively the same thing.

I like it.  Kind of like penalty shots/kicks in hockey and futbol. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

I don’t recall teams starting as early and against as big of leads. There have been games this season where it seemed like teams down almost 20 spent half the second half employing fouling as a strategy. If your strategy is fouling, what can be more flagrant than that? Make it a flagrant foul. 

Actually been thinking the same thing ..... although what's the difference between a flagrant and intentional foul? If not flagrant, those fouls at the end of the game are sure as **** intentional.

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

All of the stupid referee reviews that take place throughout the game are much more of a problem, IMO.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Actually been thinking the same thing ..... although what's the difference between a flagrant and intentional foul? If not flagrant, those fouls at the end of the game are sure as **** intentional.

Nomenclature between the ncaa and nba, the ncaa uses intentional foul. The strategy is to foul, which to your point sounds an awful lot like intent but most importantly it’s boring. Its over used and should have active steps take to limit it. Down five and in the final minute, I think most people could tolerate that but it’s several minutes and double digits which is absurd. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  298
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

All of the stupid referee reviews that take place throughout the game are much more of a problem, IMO.  

Agree with this. Fouling to slow the game down is not new. Sucks for the fan experience but it’s good strategy to stay in the game. Reviewing every single effing call is new and has dragged the game out. Add a fourth ref and some of the reviewing may not be needed. 

Edited by Bob Loblaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

29 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Nomenclature between the ncaa and nba, the ncaa uses intentional foul. The strategy is to foul, which to your point sounds an awful lot like intent but most importantly it’s boring.

I really don't mind the boring part. Lots of late game strategies in many sports are boring, just hate the double standard based on time left on the clock. Just do away with the wording intentional foul altogether, it's a sham. There are flagrant fouls in the ncaa so just tweak those to cover anything intentional during the game.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,311
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I really don't mind the boring part. Lots of late game strategies in many sports are boring, just hate the double standard based on time left on the clock. Just do away with the wording intentional foul altogether, it's a sham. There are flagrant fouls in the ncaa so just tweak those to cover anything intentional during the game.

Not wrong.  I don't watch  much basketball anymore. I only started watching again with the bulls this year. The NBA game in unwatchable these days they flop around and fake getting hurt worse than professional Soccer. The refs were bad yesterday, but we didn't do enough to win the game.   You are right several sports try to slow the sport down and get physical  at the end such as hockey and football. I loved the 90s and early 2000s basketball where they actually let them play ball and fight for the ball . I don't know how to fix the NBA because it has gone too far,  but they could make simple changes to the foul rules in college.