• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something needs to be done

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

All of the stupid referee reviews that take place throughout the game are much more of a problem, IMO.  

100%

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

11 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Yeah, that didn't happen.  Like I said, if you think the game is over and fouling is tedious change the **** channel.  No one is making you watch until the clock hits double zero

But if you are trying to watch USF but forced to watch the televised game before take almost 2.5 hours then you pretty much are forced to watch. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

But if you are trying to watch USF but forced to watch the televised game before take almost 2.5 hours then you pretty much are forced to watch. 

USF game started on the app or another channel.  It's what they normally do when games run over.  Games have been running over in all sports since the beginning of televised games

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,310
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Actually been thinking the same thing ..... although what's the difference between a flagrant and intentional foul? If not flagrant, those fouls at the end of the game are sure as **** intentional.

I would assume it is just whether the ref wants to call it a flagrant or intentional foul. Before hockey ended checks to the head with shoulder contact or hits from behind, they would give guys extra minutes at their discretion to call it, if at all, two minutes, four minutes, or a five-minute major based on what they thought the intent was. I heard a lot of adult words from the coaches going after the refs growing up in travel hockey based on what they didn't call a two-minute, four-minute, or five-minute major when it was all a gray area at the refs discretion. I don't think it is a good idea in any sport to allow the refs to determine what level of a foul or penalty it is at their discretion, because the rule books should clearly state what the different levels of penalties are for such flagrant or intentional behavior in this case. If a player agressively throws their shoulder into a guy to get the basketball, it could be labeled a flagrant or intentional foul up to the ref.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

basketball is a garbage product. hard to believe ppl watch it

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

27 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

It's why I rarely do it for any of my teams. DVR and ESPN+ On Demand are godsends ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

18 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

basketball is a garbage product. hard to believe ppl watch it

image.gif.60325bbed9554d875628916acb7801d2.gif

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Maybe the penalty scheme is more appealing to the Beijing market

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I like it.  Kind of like penalty shots/kicks in hockey and futbol. 

Those are ways to settle games that have been tied through regulation and overtime, that’s not the same thing as being unable to win the game you are playing and unilaterally deciding to change to a different game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, olafberserker said:

USF game started on the app or another channel.  It's what they normally do when games run over.  Games have been running over in all sports since the beginning of televised games

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

It's why I rarely do it for any of my teams. DVR and ESPN+ On Demand are godsends ....

If you didn't have the plus (I do) you'd be forced to watch the long, drawn out ending of another game. I was just responding to someone mentioning that no one is forced to watch. In some cases a person is.