• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something needs to be done

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

to change the end of basketball games. They go on forever with all the fouling. In the last 2 minutes if there is a non- shooting foul and in the double bonus, give the guy fouled 2 shots and get the ball back. Just finished watching NC State and it took an eternity.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

The better option would be to shorten the shot clock in the final few minutes

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Triple bonus comes to mind,  or to modify bowman’s idea if you commit a foul you get a shortened shot clock to go with your free throw or if you commit x unreciprocated fouls it’s a technical foul and Will continue to be until you are fouled.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

It's almost unwatchable. Totally agree. 

It's why I can't see myself ever becoming die hard into bball. 

A foul should be just that - something you're NOT suppose to do. When it becomes part of the game somethings off. 

I'd make a rule, 2 intentional fouls and game is over, you lose. 

Or I'd make a rule that under 30 seconds you can elect up to say 5 free throws as long as you're willing to give the other team the same number. That's much more exciting and effectively the same thing.

Just now, olafberserker said:

How about we leave it alone.  College basketball is the best thing going sports wise.

The end is pretty unbearable and lacks the pace necessary for excitement, which is an injustice to the rest of the game which is rather exciting. What is played at the end of the game only barely resembles the rest of the game and that doesn’t make sense. People thought baseball would never change and even they took steps to improve because people don’t enjoy watching tedious time wasting and attention spans are only getting shorter. The end of the game would not make a good TikTok (for the six more months it will be legal) so the end of the game sucks.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

Then change the ******* channel if the last minute is too tedious for someone's adhd brain,.  Geez

• Upvote 1

Just now, olafberserker said:

Then change the ******* channel if the last minute is too tedious for someone's adhd brain,.  Geez

It’s getting worse and that’s not the way you deal with problems, anyone watching should be able to tell that it’s in need of improvement. College football routinely makes improvements to things that impact the game, basketball can do it too. Making things better is good, not bad and you don’t have to be afraid.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

it's not getting worse.  Teams have been fouling to get the ball back forever.  I just guess that USF MBB has been irrelevant for so long that nobody's noticed before.  If the fouls are meaningless and tedious just turn the game off if you think it's over

5 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

it's not getting worse.  Teams have been fouling to get the ball back forever.  I just guess that USF MBB has been irrelevant for so long that nobody's noticed before.  If the fouls are meaningless and tedious just turn the game off if you think it's over

I don’t recall teams starting as early and against as big of leads. There have been games this season where it seemed like teams down almost 20 spent half the second half employing fouling as a strategy. If your strategy is fouling, what can be more flagrant than that? Make it a flagrant foul.