• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone hear about any stadium updates today?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, E.T. said:

And we generate moneys.

This is a huge aspect we do not discuss more. The revenue projections for 35,000 people in attendance will be such a boon to our athletics budget. Currently we get next to nothing from the TSA. Want to pay CAG $5M/year? How about CAAR? Increasing budget for rest of staff? Increase training staff across the board for all sports? Want to more easily afford capital improvement projects for other sports? Build the stadium, sell out, buy lots of beer hot dogs, pay for parking, you get the point. 

Edited by USF_Bullsharks
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

The suites are going to keep local businesses coming and networking at our games, especially when we’re winning. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, Gismo said:

The suites are going to keep local businesses coming and networking at our games, especially when we’re winning. 

A decent amount of suites are definitely needed in this market. I think one of their their biggest obstacle in going from RayJay is going to be the balancing act involving RayJay Club access STM's and OCS "club" access ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

Maybe I'm just old and selfish but I don't have any desire to sit in sweltering games without access to a club level with AC and amenties.  I'm also not in the boat that having a stadium on campus brings more people - winning brings more people.   Maybe during your downtimes you'll attract more locals and students but in aggragate being ranked, winning games, being compeitive will drive attendance.

That said it's a done deal, I'll attend games when things cool off or at night, but if last summer was any indication of the future temps my couch is looking pretty comfy.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

16 minutes ago, stonedonkey said:

Maybe I'm just old and selfish but I don't have any desire to sit in sweltering games without access to a club level with AC and amenties.  I'm also not in the boat that having a stadium on campus brings more people - winning brings more people.   Maybe during your downtimes you'll attract more locals and students but in aggragate being ranked, winning games, being compeitive will drive attendance.

That said it's a done deal, I'll attend games when things cool off or at night, but if last summer was any indication of the future temps my couch is looking pretty comfy.

My understanding is that there will be a club area just like at RJS. I like to be outside, even if it's hot (sunblock, hats, and sunglasses are helpful), but it's nice to have a retreat to AC if you need it! And I think we'll have one, although it may not be quite as fancy as at RJS. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,912
  • Days Won:  33

Can't discount the revenue that can be generated even when there is not an event going on inside the stadium.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  304
  • Days Won:  0

55 minutes ago, stonedonkey said:

Winning = crowds. 

See Exhibit A, 2024 men’s basketball.

May not be the only driver but it is a primary driver.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  1

36 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Can't discount the revenue that can be generated even when there is not an event going on inside the stadium.

Are you working on securing Taylor Swift's visit to Tampa in 2027 for the OCS kick off event? 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Are you working on securing Taylor Swift's visit to Tampa in 2027 for the OCS kick off event? 

The OCS won’t be big enough 🤘🤘

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

image.gif.279b43f31cb056557e91a9654d496abf.gif

• Haha 1