• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Updated NET Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Heard some goof named Brad Evans on a Sirius show today totally dissing us ..... 12th seed if we AQ, no way we get in otherwise .... based totally on numbers. Will be interesting to see what call the Committee makes if/when the time comes.

If we make it to the AAC Finals and lose we will either be one of the last 4 in or the first 4 out. 

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

In my opinion, if this team isn't in the NCAA it will be a travesty.  I don't think I'm wearing Green and Gold glasses either.  You can't win this many games in a row and win the AAC regular season by this much and not be in.  I don't care what the "NET" says.  The only reason our NET is bad is because of early season games and if the committee can't see this and find a way to get us in then the whole thing is just silly.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

19 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

In my opinion, if this team isn't in the NCAA it will be a travesty.  I don't think I'm wearing Green and Gold glasses either.  You can't win this many games in a row and win the AAC regular season by this much and not be in.  I don't care what the "NET" says.  The only reason our NET is bad is because of early season games and if the committee can't see this and find a way to get us in then the whole thing is just silly.

Very well said.

I thought I typed this myself.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

The only reason our NET is bad is because of early season games and if the committee can't see this and find a way to get us in then the whole thing is just silly.

Not entirely - the teams we beat in-conference also all slid in the NET rankings. If Memphis, FAU, UNT, and Charlotte (away) were all Q1 wins, we'd have a much better resume. OOC is needed when in-conference stinks.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Not entirely - the teams we beat in-conference also all slid in the NET rankings. If Memphis, FAU, UNT, and Charlotte (away) were all Q1 wins, we'd have a much better resume. OOC is needed when in-conference stinks.

correct. We had a very weak OOC schedule. There was a good reason for that. Nobody expected this, but our OCC sucked and we lost some games to ****** schools. We also have a blah conference schedule. We also lucked out and only had to face Memphis and FAU once. 

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

This is 100% correct, except I would use a much harsher word than "silly"...😎

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

This “expert” says we are not even a candidate for at-large. How is a team ranked in both polls the last week of the season not even a candidate for an at-large bid? The NCAA is such a joke. 

Hate to say it but it’s looking like we are gonna have to win the conference tourney to get in at this point. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, Leviathan said:

The NCAA is such a joke. 

Luckily it's essentially dead.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Take out the computer metrics for a second. This year's team, on the court in matchup vs 2012's NCAA tournament team --> this year's team is better. We got in the tournament after a mediocre/ okayish Big East season (amazing season for us) during 2012 because we were in the Big East still and presumably had better computer metrics because of that. But in a game on the court, this team, regardless of who our schedule forced us to play this season, is better and deserves to be playing in the tournament.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

3 minutes ago, Leviathan said:

This “expert” says we are not even a candidate for at-large. How is a team ranked in both polls the last week of the season not even a candidate for an at-large bid? The NCAA is such a joke. 

Hate to say it but it’s looking like we are gonna have to win the conference tourney to get in at this point. 

The people who matter at the NCAA never said this. Some guy on X said this. Also, Joe Lunardi isn't the NCAA tournament committee who decides either. Don't get yourself all up in a tizzy over talking heads, it's all opinions and speculation.