• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

16 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Yeah if we are running up the middle for 1 yard and wasting downs again next year while getting Brown hit constantly, we might wish we had a deadly RB position.

Really hope one of these younger backs is a stud Golesh recruited...cause those 1 yard runs are holding the offense back. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Are we 100% certain of this? He was pretty banged up in 2022 going after all those 50/50 balls. Could it be he held out because he was trying to full recover from injury? 

Never 100 percent sure, not in the kid’s head.  What injuries did he have and when did he get them, end of the season everyone is banged up, that is football. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

Are we 100% certain of this? He was pretty banged up in 2022 going after all those 50/50 balls. Could it be he held out because he was trying to full recover from injury? 

As I've heard it from people with better insight into the program, he was healthy and chose to sit out to remain so before he entered the portal.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

39 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Never 100 percent sure, not in the kid’s head.  What injuries did he have and when did he get them, end of the season everyone is banged up, that is football. 

I know he was injured and missed week 4 against Louisville. He returned in week 5 against ECU, but was not 100%. He played through the SMU game and only missed the last two weeks of the season. I remember him taking a lot of big hits and looking hurt throughout the year. I am not going to blindly hate on a kid (who was our best WR, by far) without knowing a little bit more on the subject other than whispers and rumors. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

Not only did he sit for that game, but he allegedly had the nuts to ask the interim coaching staff to ask for extra tickets for the game after quitting 3 games prior.

****, that would of pissed me off as a coach 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

56 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I know he was injured and missed week 4 against Louisville. He returned in week 5 against ECU, but was not 100%. He played through the SMU game and only missed the last two weeks of the season. I remember him taking a lot of big hits and looking hurt throughout the year. I am not going to blindly hate on a kid (who was our best WR, by far) without knowing a little bit more on the subject other than whispers and rumors. 

The dude quit from everything I heard and even squats when he pisses 😀  He couldn’t catch a cold his last season with us and had alligator arms.  I don’t hate him, but if I never heard his name again I would be cool with that.  Either way he is talented and I doubt he cares what I think, so if he was hurt then my apologies, if he wasn’t then he can **** off.   Is that better?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

5 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

I don't doubt that Scott worked hard. I just doubt that he had the acumen that it took to be more than a position coach. He was a pretty solid recruiter (as exhibited by Byrum Brown and where a lot of our transfers out ended up) and churned out quite a few NFL prospects at WR while at Clemson. But he clearly didn't have the in-game chutzpah to get it done and struggled with the concept of getting his guys up for games other than the annual P5 games (like UF).

It's possible to care about what you're doing and have the desire to be great at it, but at the same time lack the ability to actually be great at it.

Exactly. He cared enough to put a nice chunk towards the IPF. He just wasn't ready for a head coaching gig, or at least this head coaching gig ....

Edited by Triple B

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, GoBulls84 said:

As I've heard it from people with better insight into the program, he was healthy and chose to sit out to remain so before he entered the portal.

Heard the same ....

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

22 hours ago, belgianbull said:

That's why I said I understand and fully support the decision that Golesh made.

But aren't most of us  "chasing the dollar" or "mercenaries for hire"? In almost any line of work or profession people are constantly trying to move up the ladder. No one would tell a lawyer that moved up to a bigger firm, in the bigger city, for much better money that he( or she) should have stayed loyal to the smaller firm for less money. Its no different for a football player. 

And it cuts both ways. Both Gregory and Scott worked hard; were loyal USF Bulls, but were unsuccessful. Should we have stayed loyal to them and kept them around? Or is in the end a business? Also what about the athletes that are pushed out of organizations due to lack of success on the field to make room for better players. Should their be loyalty towards them? 

Both Scott and Gregory were hired to do a job. They failed miserably and got fired. BIG DIFFERENCE. Working hard doesn’t get the job done if you’re simply not good at it. But, if you want to walk out in the middle of a large project? Don’t let the door hit’cha where the good Lord split’cha!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,046
  • Days Won:  10

38 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Both Scott and Gregory were hired to do a job. They failed miserably and got fired. BIG DIFFERENCE. Working hard doesn’t get the job done if you’re simply not good at it. But, if you want to walk out in the middle of a large project? Don’t let the door hit’cha where the good Lord split’cha!

i don't disagree, but football players when paid  Nil money will become just like coaches; mere employees where they are paid based on performance and aren't retained (or pushed out) when they dont perform

There seems to be a double standard regarding coaches versus players. It seems that when a player jumps they are criticized more than when a coach jumps. Really don't see it too often where coaches don't jump on better opportunities ( Leavitt was a notable exception).

Edited by belgianbull