• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Abdur - Rahim - Not Impressed!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,820
  • Days Won:  22

3 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I agree this team has been fun to watch. Need a real big. I also wish we would drive to the hoop more. IMO this team takes too many 3's. When they are off they hurt themselves. Reid also needs to shoot more. Kid is good.

This team has no big guy inside. It needs to open up court to allow those drives. You need three point shooting to open it up.

Right now we are #8 in conference in three point shooting at 32.9%,I remember when we used to be dead last in NCAA

We are #11 in league in number of three points taken, so it isn’t like we are going crazy with them.

This team will live and die on whether it can force turnovers and hit from outside. If it can’t hit from outside, there will be no room for any drives to the hoops.

Still way more exciting to watch than any team Gregory had even with more talent.. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I agree this team has been fun to watch. Need a real big. I also wish we would drive to the hoop more. IMO this team takes too many 3's. When they are off they hurt themselves. Reid also needs to shoot more. Kid is good.

FAU averaged 26 threes per game last year. it's modern basketball especially for the smaller programs.

it's like saying all we need in football is an o-line like Michigan and then we can run a pro-style offense. or we can run a spread with smaller more athletic o-linemen that are actually available to us.

true quality big men that you can build around are very rare and are not coming here.

why clog the lane with an oaf that stymies an offense.

6 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

This team has no big guy inside. It needs to open up court to allow those drives. You need three point shooting to open it up.

Right now we are #8 in conference in three point shooting at 32.9%,I remember when we used to be dead last in NCAA

We are #11 in league in number of three points taken, so it isn’t like we are going crazy with them.

This team will live and die on whether it can force turnovers and hit from outside. If it can’t hit from outside, there will be no room for any drives to the hoops.

Still way more exciting to watch than any team Gregory had even with more talent.. 

traditional big men that play with their back to the basket don't open up anything. they clog the lanes and don't allow for penetration.

unless they can run to the rim on a pick and roll or knock down the three they are pretty much worthless on offense.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,820
  • Days Won:  22

8 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

traditional big men that play with their back to the basket don't open up anything. they clog the lanes and don't allow for penetration.

unless they can run to the rim on a pick and roll or knock down the three they are pretty much worthless on offense.

My point was not about big men opening lanes but about needing outside three point shooting to do so. Having little inside games we need drives to the basket as the poster stated, but you can’t do that if you aren’t a threat from outside.

10 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

My point was not about big men opening lanes but about needing outside three point shooting to do so. Having little inside games we need drives to the basket as the poster stated, but you can’t do that if you aren’t a threat from outside.

ah sorry. thought you meant we needed a big guy inside to open things up. I for one am glad we don't have a Tchewa type that stymies our offense.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,445
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, flsportsfan83 said:

He has turned things around, that being said it needs to continue during conference play. No reason at all this team should not win at minimum 15 games this year.

Well, this coming up four-game stretch should tell us a lot.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,473
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

Well, this coming up four-game stretch should tell us a lot.

agreed

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

I thought about this thread today when someone said to me fans should make coaching decisions. This turnaround really has been amazing. Let’s keep it rolling 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,366
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

I thought about this thread today when someone said to me fans should make coaching decisions. This turnaround really has been amazing. Let’s keep it rolling 

No matter what happens nothing can take away this historic season. 13 game win streak sets program records. 1st ever top 25 ranking. On the brink of 1st ever AAC regular season championship.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

Yep. Some funny stuff back there in the early page range.