• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach Abdur - Rahim - Not Impressed!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

From the beginning, I was not supportive of the Abdur - Rahim hire as Basketball Coach. I am very disappointed in the Basketball performance so far and amazed at how poorly this Youngblood is playing. He was leading scorer for Kennesaw State and led them to NCAA Tourney. It does not appear that he can compete at AAC level.

We should have kept Coach Gregory for another year! 

• ???? 5

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  1

I’av watched every game and Youngblood is good, he hasn’t played well every game though. Miguel and Youngblood are the best players we have. Miguel should have been starting every game and if I was him I would be insulted.The new coach seems like a nice guy but I’m not impressed yet. I hope starting Kobe Knox every game and giving him the most minutes ends up getting his brother to come here next year, because Kobe Knox shouldn’t be starting or getting the most minutes on the team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

Definitely willing to see how things shake out but yeah you want to see confidence building moves early. He has head coaching experience so it's not that. Could be he has his system/vision and is sticking to that. Much like how CAG was saying he'd sit more talented guys in favor of the consistent one that plays hard. I don't know. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343

I really couldnt care less about basketball, but what matters is year 2 and 3. Same with football.

He can hide behind his KSU kids this year, but that is it.

Edited by USFBULL_08
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

6 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I really couldnt care less about basketball, but what matters is year 2 and 3. Same with football.

He can hide behind his KSU kids this year, but that is it.

Football is much harder to turn around than basketball. Not surprising the coach we hired from a lower level, who then recruits that lower level is strugling at a higher level.

Its like say Arkansas hiring CAG. CAG then brings a bunch of AAC guys to the SEC and expects to win.

I hated this hire on day 1.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118

11 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I understand the argument about coming from ASun and having to play at a higher level in the AAC, but that should be irrelevant when it comes to competing with teams like CMU, Maine, Hofstra, so I am pretty disappointed.  Yes, give him time, but I expected we'd look better in these Nov-Dec non-conference games.

Right. Losing to Hofstra and Maine should not be happening with a basketball program at a school of about a hundred thousand students or whatever it’s blown up to be lately. 

On the flip side, a well coached, below mid-major team can pluck a player or three out of the portal and make paper tigers like USF look foolish. 

Edited by keithroby

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,460
  • Days Won:  13

32 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I understand the argument about coming from ASun and having to play at a higher level in the AAC, but that should be irrelevant when it comes to competing with teams like CMU, Maine, Hofstra, so I am pretty disappointed.  Yes, give him time, but I expected we'd look better in these Nov-Dec non-conference games.

100% agree, I have a feeling its going to get much worse once Conference play starts.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

41 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

100% this ^.  ASun talent and coaching should be very competitive with our non-conference schedule.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

What is funny is remembering seeing that thread posted about a month ago regarding how good USF looked during the exhibition game. Think both that & what we are seeing now proves that it is too early to judge our new coaching staff imo 

• Like 1