• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Transferred Players/Results

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

Jaren Mangham (RB) went to Michigan State

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,518
  • Days Won:  25

Outside of Shrader pretty much all of the transfers last year performed worse overall than their replacements statistically (Brown,Atkins,Wright,Dukes,Shuler,Gordon). I know it isn't the same because some of them went to p5 conference, but it is still good to see the new guys step and outperform the portal traitors , I mean transfers.  I wonder how  OL Dustin Hall play that transferred to duke and then transferred ECU before the season started in the summer window.  He was a starter when he was here.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,883
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Nope. He left for the money and got paid. 

I would agree, played in big games, big crowds and got paid, don’t think he has the size to play in the league but then again I am not Mel Kiper. 

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

13 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I would agree, played in big games, big crowds and got paid, don’t think he has the size to play in the league but then again I am not Mel Kiper. 

Thank God for that. Can't have two of him walking this earth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

14 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Keionte Scott, a defensive back and punt returner for the Tigers, has been the primary returner for Auburn all season. Backup Koy Moore has had the chance to return seven punts of his own, but hasn't seen as much action as Scott has.

Battie was a kick returner for us as he was for them. He didn't return punts.Had 24 returns for 562 yards for auburn.

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Weaver had a great season for Colorado. They were hurt by having no offensive line, but he set career highs in receptions (68) and yards (908). He has a chance to make it to the NFL. 

Horn became more of a possession receiver for Colorado and the big plays that he made for USF were not there as, again, Colorado had no pass protection. 

Battie was buried on the depth chart, so his numbers took a huge hit. Don't know how much he got paid to go to Auburn, but he would have provided a dynamic for USF that we lacked in the backfield. To go from a nearly 1300 yard/ 8 TD guy at USF to a 270 yard/ 1 TD guy at Auburn is disappointing. Hopefully for him, he gets to shine his senior year. 

Schrader had his most productive year at Notre Dame and saw an improvement in his long distance range, hitting on 4 out of 6 from 50+ yards. 

Grier, as previously stated, did ok at Arkansas. His one INT was returned for a TD. 

I do not begrudge any of these guys for leaving. In Grier's case he had dealt with Strong and Scott and deserved to get away from the burning wreckage. As for the others, its hard to turn down money and a chance to play at a more prestigious school. I wish we had them because our offense would have been much more dynamic. Imagine Weaver and Horn out wide with Atkins in the slot and Battie in the backfield with this offense....yowzah! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,701
  • Days Won:  108

6 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Schrader had his most productive year at Notre Dame and saw an improvement in his long distance range, hitting on 4 out of 6 from 50+ yards. 

Seems every time I watched ND, which admittedly wasn't often,  he was making his kicks.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,077
  • Days Won:  39

15 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Battie was buried on the depth chart, so his numbers took a huge hit. Don't know how much he got paid to go to Auburn, but he would have provided a dynamic for USF that we lacked in the backfield. To go from a nearly 1300 yard/ 8 TD guy at USF to a 270 yard/ 1 TD guy at Auburn is disappointing. Hopefully for him, he gets to shine his senior year. 

He has another year?  I heard of this up and coming team in Tampa Bay.  :iconic_u_black:

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

5 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

He has another year?  I heard of this up and coming team in Tampa Bay.  :iconic_u_black:

I'd take him back in a heartbeat. Would probably be a transfer portal first!