• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grading our season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I'm pretty sure everybody knows that. Doesn't change the fact that he's a walk on.

As a walk on.

If you're homeless and you buy a home you're no longer homeless.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I'm pretty sure everybody knows that. Doesn't change the fact that he's a walk on.

As a walk on.

He is our best receiver this year and is in the  history books for usf football. Let's get him the single season receiving yards record in the bowl game. We have had some really good receivers and he had a great season. I don't think he is our most talented receiver every , but he can make his case for the most single season productive receiver.  Hopefully he makes to nfl as a late pick for a slot receiver.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

14 minutes ago, mjadams said:

If you're homeless and you buy a home you're no longer homeless.

And if you were homeless and worked your way out of it does not mean you sucked to begin with, which is the premise of this whole conversation. Walk on does not = bad player. USF beat Charlotte. That's all that matter to me. I don't give a crap who they were playing or their injuries. 

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

Then they still had just under 50% of their starters in. So a little over 50% would have been 2nd stringers with some 3rd and 4th sprinkled in. Sounds like "Charlotte was playing 3rd and 4th string players against our 1s" is a bit of an exaggeration but I'm not sure for what purpose. We beat them by 34 points.

As far as a grade is concerned. Anything less than an A would indicate you were expecting more that 6 regular season wins ......... seriously?

I guess if you technically start a game you're 1st string. Does that make everyone feel better? 

C is average and what I gave them. Going from an F to a C is improvement and that's exactly what we are/were in a very below average conference in my opinion.

You don't get an A when you are average. Heck B is even above average which we were not.

9 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

And if you were homeless and worked your way out of it does not mean you sucked to begin with, which is the premise of this whole conversation. Walk on does not = bad player. USF beat Charlotte. That's all that matter to me. I don't give a crap who they were playing or their injuries. 

Everyone has different expectations. What some see as average some are celebrating. With the grades flying around we should expect an extension soon for CAG.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

This team definitely overachieved in the regular season.  I think this will give Golesh the ammo he needs to recruit better players.

Secondary is a huge hole, and I would like to see Dukes and Joiner more in the bowl game because the running game is not great.

I agree on the A- RATING  because given where we are we overachieved.  But we left some things out there and still are not a good team that can compete with good teams.  Hopefully that comes next year now that Golesh knows what he is working with. 

Edited by Rocky Style

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  168
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, mjadams said:

I guess if you technically start a game you're 1st string. Does that make everyone feel better? 

C is average and what I gave them. Going from an F to a C is improvement and that's exactly what we are/were in a very below average conference in my opinion.

You don't get an A when you are average. Heck B is even above average which we were not.

C plus.

We down graded in conference but, we have been on a slide every year since we screwed over Leavitt. I thought the curse of "the Jim" would destroy us forever. I know that hating Judy has really paid off for UCF.

Hopefully we can stay on the positive side and improve conferences so that we can keep our coaches.

Otherwise the Jim will destroy us!

• Haha 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

I would only grade this season on a Pass/Fail basis.  I would say pass because we didn't have a losing season for the first time in forever and are showing signs of improvement.  I really couldn't give any smiley face stickers to a year where were crushed by UAB and FAU.  Hard to forget those.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

I would only grade this season on a Pass/Fail basis.  I would say pass because we didn't have a losing season for the first time in forever and are showing signs of improvement.  I really couldn't give any smiley face stickers to a year where were crushed by UAB and FAU.  Hard to forget those.

True but I think we can't jump from the horrific CJS era to instantly beating everyone in one off-season.  I think some of this criticism makes more sense beginning next year.

We shouldn't be getting torched by any decent team which is a fair expectation at some point.

Edited by Rocky Style