• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grading our season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Then they still had just under 50% of their starters in. So a little over 50% would have been 2nd stringers with some 3rd and 4th sprinkled in. Sounds like "Charlotte was playing 3rd and 4th string players against our 1s" is a bit of an exaggeration but I'm not sure for what purpose. We beat them by 34 points.

As far as a grade is concerned. Anything less than an A would indicate you were expecting more that 6 regular season wins ......... seriously?

I’m pretty sure that’s not how grading works, otherwise CJS was an a student. Many people thought 6 wins were possible and we met that expectation. Many people have an expectation of failure in life, meeting it doesn’t somehow mean they did above average anymore that hitting average is somehow miraculously a perfect “a”. This was a c year and given the competition that’s a one time grace, losing to any of these teams gets people fired at most places that are serious about athletics.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ten Toed Sloth said:

I think you have to grade this season an A. Six wins in twelve games. You would have to add all of the wins of the previous 40 games to get to six wins. To me that's pretty impressive in year one.

And all those seasons were f-, a c acknowledges improvement without being ridiculous about what actually happened this year and who it happened against.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And all those seasons were f-, a c acknowledges improvement without being ridiculous about what actually happened this year and who it happened against.

Puc I think you should meet up with all of us at the Bowl Game! 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m pretty sure that’s not how grading works,

I guess grading can actually work any way you it to, and can be pretty subjective. In this case, it's pretty much boils to opinions and we all know there are no wrong opinions.

Just now, jjlovecub said:

Puc I think you should meet up with all of us at the Bowl Game! 

I will if I’m available, most of the ones we are mentioned for I have prior commitments and sadly Pittsburgh has zero bowl games.

Just now, Triple B said:

I guess grading can actually work any way you it to, and can be pretty subjective. In this case, it's pretty much boils to opinions and we all know there are no wrong opinions.

Yes but you can’t be shocked if some people think meeting expectations gets you a C. Many people thought we could go bowling and go 6-6, how would you expect that they would give an A for looking ugly doing it and the aac being worse than even imagined?

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Yes but you can’t be shocked if some people think meeting expectations gets you a C. Many people thought we could go bowling and go 6-6, how would you expect that they would give an A for looking ugly doing it and the aac being worse than even imagined?

I'm rarely shocked by opinions expressed in here so I'm good now ....

Just now, Triple B said:

I'm rarely shocked by opinions expressed in here so I'm good now ....

But no reasonable person on earth would be shocked by this anywhere, at least not one that has been graded for anything ever or even heard how grades work in passing.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

But no reasonable person on earth would be shocked by this anywhere, at least not one that has been graded for anything ever or even heard how grades work in passing.

Grading a college football season is like grading an essay ....