• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grading our season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

51 minutes ago, mjadams said:

Charlotte was playing 3rd and 4th string players against our 1s. I turned it off at halftime. 

Where did you hear this?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Sorry you dont like my opinion, but you are welcome to make your own thread where some people may want to hear you talk about these skilled play makers like MAC backup transfer from FAU that only have career days againt USF.

It's already been established that you don't get it.   How'd that Charlotte game turn out?  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

I didn't get usf an A because we allowed UAB and FAU losing programs give us an old school *** whooping on the scoreboard.  Next year we  to need destroy them. I got no problem with the Memphis,Bama, UTSA, and WKU loss.

image.png.4cc786c16b12edad7a67b23e51f7a65c.png

This makes me feel a lot better about the season and lessens the sting of those two blowouts.

We still ended up higher in conference standings than UAB and FAU?  Wow, that's resiliency.

Ignoring what may come of the bowl game... I'd give a B for the whole season.

The team was a Jekyll and Hyde/ rollercoaster, but you can't ignore the fact we had record setting performances under year 1 of Golesh.

Let's hope next year the defense can get shored up and we keep Brown.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

I gave Golesh a B+ for that exact reason. No excuses to get blown out by UAB or FAU. It was year one and we have to keep moving forward.

B-.  Everything is ultimately on Golesh and those losses really stink looking back and seeing how beatable those teams were. 

That said, I take those games as the ultimate example of how deep the psychology of winning and losing runs in a program and the attitude that Golesh had and still needs to purge from the team. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,393
  • Days Won:  3

33 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Overall a C ... we're .500

Dang, i came here to say this. How dare you beat me to it!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748

49 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Overall a C ... we're .500

a

b

c

d

f

So, it would appear that getting an A in Professor E.T.'s  takes considerable effort? 😎

• Haha 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748

45 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Where did you hear this?

https://charlotte49ers.com/news/2023/11/25/football-recap-charlotte-at-south-florida.aspx

"Charlotte's injury-decimated roster caught up to it in the third quarter as South Florida piled up 20 points on its way to a 48-14 American Athletic Conference victory, Saturday at Raymond James Stadium.

It was the season-finale for the 49ers (3-9; AAC: 2-6), who were playing without over half its starters, while USF (6-6; AAC: 4-4) reached bowl eligibility with the victory.

"I've been participating in football for a long time and I've never been more proud of a team, win or lose, than I am with these guys tonight," said head coach Biff Poggi. "We had 12 starters out. That's over 50% of our starters -- I think most kids would have packed it in. They never did.  We played three interior defensive linemen.  One was a freshman.  One was a hard-working guy (who hasn't played much) and one was a back-up offensive lineman. We fought to the bitter end and I'm really proud of the kids."

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Where did you hear this?

Listening to the game. QB was a walk on and they were using their 3rd and 4th rbs due to injuries. They also talked how injury depleted they were in other areas.

They were also talking about using OL on the DL because of injuries 

Edited by mjadams

23 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

https://charlotte49ers.com/news/2023/11/25/football-recap-charlotte-at-south-florida.aspx

"Charlotte's injury-decimated roster caught up to it in the third quarter as South Florida piled up 20 points on its way to a 48-14 American Athletic Conference victory, Saturday at Raymond James Stadium.

It was the season-finale for the 49ers (3-9; AAC: 2-6), who were playing without over half its starters, while USF (6-6; AAC: 4-4) reached bowl eligibility with the victory.

"I've been participating in football for a long time and I've never been more proud of a team, win or lose, than I am with these guys tonight," said head coach Biff Poggi. "We had 12 starters out. That's over 50% of our starters -- I think most kids would have packed it in. They never did.  We played three interior defensive linemen.  One was a freshman.  One was a hard-working guy (who hasn't played much) and one was a back-up offensive lineman. We fought to the bitter end and I'm really proud of the kids."

That doesn’t equate them playing 3rd and 4th string.

9 minutes ago, mjadams said:

Listening to the game. QB was a walk on and they were using their 3rd and 4th rbs due to injuries. They also talked how injury depleted they were in other areas.

They were also talking about using OL on the DL because of injuries 

We played a walk on wr all year. Our 3rd string wr caught a TD. I’m sure there were other 3rd stringers in there, but I couldn’t see the numbers on those stupid jerseys so I really don’t know.

Sounds a lot like loser excuses to me.