• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grading our season

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am not arguing your grade shouldn’t “B” whatever you reason out especially with your 3-9 expectations, I am asking to appreciate that if someone went into the season thinking 6-6 was a reasonable expectation that meeting that and nothing else isn’t an a and isn’t a b it’s a c because that’s what you get when you meet expectations.

Maybe it should be a Pass/Fail grade ..... ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

Maybe it should be a Pass/Fail grade ..... ?

Then it’s definitely a pass,  if anyone suggests fail I’ll go way harder 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I , I am asking to appreciate that if someone went into the season thinking 6-6 was a reasonable expectation that meeting that and nothing else isn’t an a and isn’t a b it’s a c because that’s what you get when you meet expectations.

Was CaliBull on here and I missed it? Not sure who else was expecting a 6-6 season. If you were legit expecting that hats off to you, and I’ll take a double of the kool aid you’re sipping on

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Then it’s definitely a pass,  if anyone suggests fail I’ll go way harder 

/thread

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I kind of predicted wins against Rice, Temple, Charlotte, FAMU,U Conn and one more.

Nice to see it come to fruition though.

I am at B or B- for the season based on the fact that our defense is still at the bottom and the two blow out losses against FAU and UAB. The one against FAU hurt especially.

Win a bowl game and I would bring it up to a B+ or A-

Regardless a successful season

My exact thoughts and feelings too!! It was a greatly successful season overall with a lot to grow from. This is a really solid starting point and now I think CAG can help these guys take the next big step. Defense was atrocious and our OL needs major help. If that happens, I don’t see why we can’t win it all next year. 

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

Was CaliBull on here and I missed it? Not sure who else was expecting a 6-6 season. If you were legit expecting that hats off to you, and I’ll take a double of the kool aid you’re sipping on

I mean does being right not indicate it was reasonable and not Kool aid inspired? If anyone looked at this schedule and thought 6-6 was impossibly lofty I would argue they have drunk far too much of the everything is impossible here and everything takes forever Kool Aid the athletics failures perpetually peddle. It’s not true, it’s never been true and hopefully this puts it to bed forever. We would all be better served by honesty and expectations.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I mean does being right not indicate it was reasonable and not Kool aid inspired? If anyone looked at this schedule and thought 6-6 was impossibly lofty I would argue they have drunk far too much of the everything is impossible here and everything takes forever Kool Aid the athletics failures perpetually peddle. It’s not true, it’s never been true and hopefully this puts it to bed forever. We would all be better served by honesty and expectations.

Did you forget about this guy? The stench of his cologne has barely been lifted from the locker room. 

image.jpeg.0cfa80c3890742f3503ee9e1bad050eb.jpeg

every postgame interview was that we lost by this much. Not to mention the exodus of talent that left the cupboard pretty bare. This season did look like a pretty good climb to get to .500

• Crying 1

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

Did you forget about this guy? The stench of his cologne has barely been lifted from the locker room. 

image.jpeg.0cfa80c3890742f3503ee9e1bad050eb.jpeg

every postgame interview was that we lost by this much. Not to mention the exodus of talent that left the cupboard pretty bare. This season did look like a pretty good climb to get to .500

I never believed a complete lack of talent was our issue and replacing someone completely incompetent with anyone remotely competent should result in immediate results. Plus our conference took another immediate nose dive going into the season. In this preseason poll on here the most common answer for how we would do was 6-6 and almost half of people expected that or better. Only about 15% of people expected 3-9 or worse. Just because CJS said you have to fail for half a decade while you do made up intangible things to culture and VPMFailure supported it never made it true. The best way to turn around a culture of failing is to start winning and in the aac that should take exactly one game.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

This was very well written. Great content @Outlaw Even thought I wear my green and gold goggles hard, I have harsher grades. But I agree with what you wrote. 

Golesh B+: I give a B and share the same sentiment. I feel he gave the best effort he could. But playcalling was questionable. 

Quarterbacks A- : Brown delivered and is in the history books for USF football. We didn't play QB musical chairs this year, and the coaching staff coached this boy into the history books. I still don't think he is done growing and could be really special. I give him a B. Truthfully he was inconsistent, it's just that he is so good, that he still can have success. He had 10 Ints, too many missed opportunities, bad decisions on when to run or throw. He was sacked 40 times. He needs to learn to throw the ball away. We played a handful of veteran or good QBs. Watching us play them, I've seen a crap load of "almost sacks" that became last-second incompletions. BB has the arm strength to get rid of the ball from any angle. He needs to get better. I can at minimum say he could have reduced his 40 sacks by 15 if he had done a better job throwing the ball away. That rest I put on the O-line. I give him a pass b/c this is his first full year starting and a new OC. If he was a veteran I would give him a C-. He has plenty of film and experience to analyze this off-season. I expect him to go off next year. I posted a screenshot of his high school stats. He had 10 ints his first year as a starter and had only 4 his last year. In his last year of high school, he had 4,990 combined passing and rushing yards. 53 combined TDs, 5 fumbles, and only 4 ints. If he can duplicate those stats his senior year, we will be in the playoffs.

Running backs C+: I agree. I had higher expectations.

Receivers B: (Agree)

Offensive Line D+/C- : I give a  (D+) CAG added experienced P5, G6 and Juco players.He This offensive line wasn't that young. They were technically 'middle-aged" in the CFB world. Demontrey Jacobs was a baller. I think the FCS/D2 overachiever route is our best option for getting "hungry" players or "dawgs". 

Defense D+/C-: C- The secondary was so bad it dragged the rest of the of the defense down. If we shut down the run, which we did several times, there should be no surprises for the secondary. A matter of fact it's sad that most of the 3rd down conversions were passes. Other teams even passed 3rd downs 5 yards or less. I give the defensive line a B. If  Jason Vaughn doesn't get injured we would at least have 3-5 more sacks and 10 more TFLs. He was our fastest DE. 

Special Teams B -  they made it "do what it do". I am neutral.

Overall B+ for Bulls: I give them a C overall because I actually felt that this team had the "ability" to win 8-10 games, they didn't put together too many complete games. 

FireShotCapture217-ByrumBrownsHighSchoolFootballStats-www.maxpreps_com.png.9ae99d6a56d8e3bf6b9ee529d25c4bc8.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475

14 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Was. Got a scollie.

I'm pretty sure everybody knows that. Doesn't change the fact that he's a walk on.

12 hours ago, mjadams said:

D1 scholarship player this year. 

As a walk on.