• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where are we rowing to?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

That's speculative though. There is no guarantee that we are getting called up. Assuming we are in the American forever, what will it take to provide the finances to become the premier program in the state of Florida and be able to beat out UF and FSU financially and in terms of NIL?

$$$$$$$$$ & $$$$$$$$

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, olafberserker said:

Sounds like you should be watching our Sailing team more

or the Cheer Squad ...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

8 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

First off, I know I get called out by pookah and red just about every week as a bad fan in their podcast. I know this because I've listened to every episode since they started it. I love the show. First off, I want to say that it's bitter sweet that the two biggest sources of coverage of this team are fan made podcasts. I also listen weekly to the daily stampede. Kudos to you guys for covering this team weakly. I love you guys for that. It's also sad though that you guys are the ones leading the charge for news (outside usf) for this team. I remember when I first started donating in 2006 that we had two professional beat reporters covering the team and attending every practice and giving daily updates. Those days are long gone.

With that disclaimer out of the way, the reason that I stopped going to games and watching usf football this year is, like pookah and red were promoting, ive been rowing the boat for a very long time. I just don't know where our end destination is? Does anybody know if usf athletics has a 10 year plan of where they want to be in the next 10 years? I am a successful small business owner and I always have a 10 year plan. I learned how to do that through the muma college of business at USF. I always keep in mind my competition and I strive to overtake the industry leaders in my region through achievable goals. The plan should always have achievable goals and benchmarks on how to get there. I haven't seen that from usf personally. When I started donating in 2006, I asked both Doug Woolard and Leavitt where they saw they program in 10 years. I was told that they saw us with multiple national championships based on the recruiting in the Tampa Bay area and the strength of the usf community. Now I ask myself if we are closer to a national championship than we were in 2006? I'm about half a million deep with personal donations and season ticket packages plus travel to games. Ive been rowing. It just seems like we've been rowing without a destination. I don't mind rowing if I know where we are going. I don't want to row out on the ocean in circles hoping that eventually we find a good port of call. If usf came out tomorrow and showed me a 10 year plan of how they could be the premier football university in the state of Florida and overtake UF and FSU, I would be back on board and rowing. We need yearly steps on how to get there with benchmarks for donations and income though.

I think USF made the right hire with Golesh and the right call with the OCS. I just want them to come out and say that these are beginning steps in our 10 year plan to become the premier football school in the state and we need x to get there. My gripes are with the leadership in the administration. I don't want to support and spend so much money and time supporting a novelty product if that's all we realistically intend to be. The steps this year are great,  but I'm looking at the long game.

With that said, if we are committed to a natty in 10. How do we get there? How do we financially compete with and overtake UF and FSU? Let's get a plan and get it done. I will support the team through the growing pains, ive been doing that for many years thinking we were getting there. I just want to make sure we have a vision and realistic plan on how to get to where we want to go. Is everybody on this board, leadership, and the community committed to a natty and becoming the premier football school in the state in 10 years? I would invest in that. Where are we rowing to long term realistically?

If you aren’t susceptible to cults and multi level marketing you aren’t the consumer we are trying to appeal to, enjoy your shunning  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

14 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

First off, I know I get called out by pookah and red just about every week as a bad fan in their podcast. I know this because I've listened to every episode since they started it. I love the show. First off, I want to say that it's bitter sweet that the two biggest sources of coverage of this team are fan made podcasts. I also listen weekly to the daily stampede. Kudos to you guys for covering this team weakly. I love you guys for that. It's also sad though that you guys are the ones leading the charge for news (outside usf) for this team. I remember when I first started donating in 2006 that we had two professional beat reporters covering the team and attending every practice and giving daily updates. Those days are long gone.

With that disclaimer out of the way, the reason that I stopped going to games and watching usf football this year is, like pookah and red were promoting, ive been rowing the boat for a very long time. I just don't know where our end destination is? Does anybody know if usf athletics has a 10 year plan of where they want to be in the next 10 years? I am a successful small business owner and I always have a 10 year plan. I learned how to do that through the muma college of business at USF. I always keep in mind my competition and I strive to overtake the industry leaders in my region through achievable goals. The plan should always have achievable goals and benchmarks on how to get there. I haven't seen that from usf personally. When I started donating in 2006, I asked both Doug Woolard and Leavitt where they saw they program in 10 years. I was told that they saw us with multiple national championships based on the recruiting in the Tampa Bay area and the strength of the usf community. Now I ask myself if we are closer to a national championship than we were in 2006? I'm about half a million deep with personal donations and season ticket packages plus travel to games. Ive been rowing. It just seems like we've been rowing without a destination. I don't mind rowing if I know where we are going. I don't want to row out on the ocean in circles hoping that eventually we find a good port of call. If usf came out tomorrow and showed me a 10 year plan of how they could be the premier football university in the state of Florida and overtake UF and FSU, I would be back on board and rowing. We need yearly steps on how to get there with benchmarks for donations and income though.

I think USF made the right hire with Golesh and the right call with the OCS. I just want them to come out and say that these are beginning steps in our 10 year plan to become the premier football school in the state and we need x to get there. My gripes are with the leadership in the administration. I don't want to support and spend so much money and time supporting a novelty product if that's all we realistically intend to be. The steps this year are great,  but I'm looking at the long game.

With that said, if we are committed to a natty in 10. How do we get there? How do we financially compete with and overtake UF and FSU? Let's get a plan and get it done. I will support the team through the growing pains, ive been doing that for many years thinking we were getting there. I just want to make sure we have a vision and realistic plan on how to get to where we want to go. Is everybody on this board, leadership, and the community committed to a natty and becoming the premier football school in the state in 10 years? I would invest in that. Where are we rowing to long term realistically?

good for you

i never had a 10 year plan

i had attainable goals. some short term and some long term

my plan was to learn the skills of the job or profession,out work everyone and put in monster hours

stay away from fast women and slow horses

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

13 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

Will USF let us know if we are in talks of leaving or not? I'm assuming that our strategic plans are based on being in the American long term?

our chance passed when big 12 only took orlando

going to an extremely watered down acc wont really be the answer

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, smazza said:

good for you

i never had a 10 year plan

i had attainable goals. some short term and some long term

my plan was to learn the skills of the job or profession,out work everyone and put in monster hours

stay away from fast women and slow horses

Words to live by. Become the best at what you do through hard work, be smart, and avoid the traps. Lol. 

I think a plan with goals and measurable is extremely important though in any business venture. That's the only way to truly know if you are making progress. Nobody would invest in a company that just said we're happy to be listed on the exchange without a plan to eventually compete with the industry leaders. The fans, donors, staff, and students all put in a lot of work over the past 20 years but I don't think we ever had a clear vision of what we want to be or how to get there. 

Edited by Bullcocky

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, hm101 said:

We CAN win a natty. Golesh has said that's what he aspires to here 

Wait a minute. Didn't that Taggart guy say the same thing? I think he did. So is Golesh being honest, or is he simply plagiarizing those who went before? I don't want to have to open up a full-blown congressional investigation into spinnin' yarns for continued employment, but I will do it! 

pinocchio.jpg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,473
  • Days Won:  13

17 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

With that disclaimer out of the way, the reason that I stopped going to games and watching usf football this year is, like pookah and red were promoting, ive been rowing the boat for a very long time. I just don't know where our end destination is?

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey.

Any 10 year plan that any school has - from Alabama to Youngstown State - is useless right now.  There are so many more changes coming to college athletics, and they are impossible to predict.  And I don't mean realignment.

There are three class action lawsuits against the NCAA and conferences to claim damages from former athletes who were not allowed to make money via NIL.  This has the chance to bankrupt the NCAA, which is not some independent organization -- the NCAA is a membership organization, so anything the NCAA has to pay will be divided among the members.  Many schools will not be able to afford this.

There are efforts to classify all student athletes as employees, both in the court system and with the National Labor Relations Board.  The NLRB already ruled that Northwestern's football players ARE in fact employees, but did not grant unionization because the Big Ten includes both public and private schools.  Employment status would have one positive effect: no need for NIL collectives, because universities can pay employees whatever they want.  Plus, Title IX will still be in effect - which could impact how much is paid out to male "student-athlete-employees" (just like it currently impacts things like total-cost-of-attendance and the academic stipends).

These will happen in the next five to six years, and there is no way to really plan how this will impact athletics.

No to mention, it's impossible to predict when the next steps in realignment will happen... it could be in 2026 or 2036.

College athletics will be undergoing more change in the next ten years than we've seen in the last 100.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

You act like we are the only ones stuck on a losing journey. If u r an older Tampa Bay gan they sucked for some years. Im a Saints fan and we started the paper bag over the head trend. Thats just how it goes for some teams. Ive seen plenty of perennially bad teams become good. If you lost patience, then take a break from football until we are a winning team. I'm enjoying the journey win or lose. But if you are no longer enjoying the experience or if it gets emotionally draining then take a break. I did it with my Saints many times during their really bad years. I really dislike Bobby Herbert. I hated him and the Saints for their loyalty to him. I feel this team is on the right track. Usually its more of "wishing" but now I believe it.

Edited by Gatorbull325