• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where are we rowing to?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think they have a longer timeline than us, and opponent does matter.  You don't believe that, but it does matter to others and to the ability of the program to grow and compete at higher levels.  Again, if it's just entertainment, it doesn't matter.  I see bad movies, but still go back to watch another.  At some point (******* years ago) we should have already grown tired of beating the bottom of the barrel teams.  Unfortunately, we haven't had the luxury of winning even those games.  If so, maybe you'd also see that a top team can't just beat up the nancies every season.  You have to reach higher.  Or you just become a nancy yourself.  (I apologize to all Nancys, no intent to harm or besmirch your names).

If you know a movie is bad, why would you go see it? I'm not sure "entertainment" is the right word .... a lot of this has been anything but entertaining ... but I can't put my finger on another way to describe it.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Timekiller?

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

If you know a movie is bad, why would you go see it?

I learn it's bad upon viewing it.  You think I base my selection on a movie review?  Not since the great Roger Ebert passed.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

21 minutes ago, Brad said:

So for some, it is just entertainment.  Something to do, like a movie or a trip with the fam to Busch Gardens (and you just hope the Kumba is running).  I think that's the opposite of Bullcocky the alleged troll, and puc the known troll.  Just kidding, puc.  These rather disruptful dudes want to see outcomes.  Not the activities, but the outcomes.  I guess put another way, the movie they are watching is not at all what they thought it would be.

If everyone is volunteering at the local pal league I can be as forgiving and tolerant as anyone (mostly because I’m not volunteering my time) that they are trying their best but that’s not what we have here. When people are being paid handsomely, more handsomely than people outperforming them, and are being given given more resources than people that are also out performing them; I have a problem with that.

The answer seems to always be we just need more but there never seems to be a plan in place about how to use the more that we get into something of tangible value. Every single thing that takes place every single day should be measured against how does this get us out of the aac as soon as possible and everyone that works there should have some plan about how they think that’s actually possible. 

If the answer is this is where we are settled on staying be honest about that so people can make the decisions that are appropriate for them.

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If you know a movie is bad, why would you go see it? I'm not sure "entertainment" is the right word .... a lot of this has been anything but entertaining ... but I can't put my finger on another way to describe it.

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

Timekiller?

I learn it's bad upon viewing it.  You think I base my selection on a movie review?  Not since the great Roger Ebert passed.

The problem with this movie is it is being sold as a redemption movie, the beginning of the rise was great but the fall has now gone on for longer than the rise with no redemption in site. Pick up the pace or rebrand it as a tragedy so that people know what they are going to see.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The answer seems to always be we just need more but there never seems to be a plan in place about how to use the more that we get into something of tangible value. Every single thing that takes place every single day should be measured against how does this get us out of the aac as soon as possible and everyone that works there should have some plan about how they think that’s actually possible. 

If the answer is this is where we are settled on staying be honest about that so people can make the decisions that are appropriate for them.

We applied to the PAC recently before it blew up.   We are not resigned to staying in the AAC.  

I am impatient for evidence of action that supports our pursuit of realignment.  But that's related to me growing older.  

4 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

We applied to the PAC recently before it blew up.   We are not resigned to staying in the AAC.  

I am impatient for evidence of action that supports our pursuit of realignment.  But that's related to me growing older.  

Didn’t say we don’t do what every team does and apply like they all do; my issue is that it isn’t the only thing that consumes us. This is the only thing that matters and we should be singularly focused on it. It should be on every computer screen, on every wall, on every memo, it should be addressed in every standup where everyone is asked what did you do yesterday to get us out of the aac, what are your plans for today and is there anything anyone in the organization can do to help you accomplish your goals. Our culture needs to be we do not belong here and we are getting out by any means necessary. Anyone that does not believe that and does not believe they can help accomplish that needs to be shown the door immediately.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

24 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If you know a movie is bad, why would you go see it?

23 minutes ago, Brad said:

I learn it's bad upon viewing it. 

Exactly ..... that's why entertainment is the wrong word. You wouldn't go if you knew it was bad. Way too many times we go to games knowing it's going to be bad so we're not going to be entertained.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,002
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Didn’t say we don’t do what every team does and apply like they all do; my issue is that it isn’t the only thing that consumes us. This is the only thing that matters and we should be singularly focused on it. It should be on every computer screen, on every wall, on every memo, it should be addressed in every standup where everyone is asked what did you do yesterday to get us out of the aac, what are your plans for today and is there anything anyone in the organization can do to help you accomplish your goals. Our culture needs to be we do not belong here and we are getting out by any means necessary. Anyone that does not believe that and does not believe they can help accomplish that needs to be shown the door immediately.

I can't believe I'm saying this (and hope I don't regret it LOL), but I agree.  Announce it publicly.  Shout it from the rooftops.  

Edited by Cat941
spelling

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Exactly ..... that's why entertainment is the wrong word. You wouldn't go if you knew it was bad. Way too many times we go to games knowing it's going to be bad so we're not going to be entertained.

Some people are masochists and pay dearly for humiliation and pain. We aren’t bad at what we consistently deliver it’s just not what the mainstream enjoys spending their money on. But if you don’t think it’s enjoying pain and humiliation that drives people what it mostly aligns with is a cult.

1 minute ago, Cat941 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this (and hope I don't regret it LOL), but I agree.  Announce it publicly.  Shoult it from the rooftops.  

That’s what they did with the OCS because that’s what they thought was the most important and what they could accomplish and low and behold they are making that a possibility. We need people that see this as possible, as the only thing of importance and that manifest it despite whatever impossibilities everyone else tries to tell them exists. Anyone can come up with endless reasons things are impossible what is needed is a person that sees the possibilities and creates the way that it is.