• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where are we rowing to?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,998
  • Days Won:  12

Deleting my original post here. Not gonna help anything. 

Edited by hm101

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,478
  • Days Won:  13

13 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You act like we are the only ones stuck on a losing journey. If u r an older Tampa Bay gan they sucked for some years. Im a Saints fan and we started the paper bag over the head trend. Thats just how it goes for some teams. Ive seen plenty of perennially bad teams become good. If you lost patience, then take a break from football until we are a winning team. I'm enjoying the journey win or lose. But if you are no longer enjoying the experience or if it gets emotionally draining then take a break. I did it with my Saints many times during their really bad years. I really dislike Bobby Herbert. I hated him and the Saints for their loyalty to him. I feel this team is on the right track. Usually its more of "wishing" but now I believe it.

Bills fan here, Gator.  Losing journey is a way of life. HA!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,045
  • Days Won:  469

4 hours ago, smazza said:

good for you

i never had a 10 year plan

i had attainable goals. some short term and some long term

my plan was to learn the skills of the job or profession,out work everyone and put in monster hours

stay away from fast women and slow horses

I follow all of that except the horses...

I think I made my first donation in 1994 or 95.  

The difference in my own perspective is the direction and hope we had.  As Leavitt said in that article to Bianchi (in another post) he wanted to be part of a new Big Four in Florida.  As fans, we knew that.  That's a great goal and we were showing progress towards it.  We were ascending, even if it were to a temporary plateau.  :)  

Currently, we're striving for relevance in a group of four or five counties.  We've missed out on opportunities. 

It's going to be harder than ever to reset optimism in the program with those that saw the tumble approaching and the subsequent mishandling of nearly everything since.  Big hole to dig out of.  May be made of quicksand.  I hope I'm around to see a true resurgence.  

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

15 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

Really its about my family. The game days I get to have with my kids. Sure they are not always wins but my kids love it. I hope one day they will take their kids too. 

17 hours ago, hm101 said:

I don't support USF for any specific result. I do it so we are the best WE can be and I feel "a part of". 

Giving to get wins/conference affiliation/compare ourselves to another program is transactional and not appealing to me anymore. 

This is the essence of college football that's maybe not so slowly being torn down. It should be about your school, you and your family. Too much worrying about what others think and their perception of your program. Just need to strive to be the best we can, whatever our situation is.

Personally, I think this thread is either one huge troll job or someone who just does not have a clue about college football. No one with even a minimal grasp of reality posts something like this:

18 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

Assuming we are in the American forever, what will it take to provide the finances to become the premier program in the state of Florida and be able to beat out UF and FSU financially and in terms of NIL?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,091
  • Days Won:  39

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This is the essence of college football that's maybe not so slowly being torn down. It should be about your school, you and your family. Too much worrying about what others think and their perception of your program. Just need to strive to be the best we can, whatever our situation is.

Yea we need to do US.  Podcasts, OCS, GameDay atmosphere.  Create our own fun brand.  

17 hours ago, hm101 said:

I don't support USF for any specific result. I do it so we are the best WE can be and I feel "a part of". 

Giving to get wins/conference affiliation/compare ourselves to another program is transactional and not appealing to me anymore. 

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

So for some, it is just entertainment.  Something to do, like a movie or a trip with the fam to Busch Gardens (and you just hope the Kumba is running).  I think that's the opposite of Bullcocky the alleged troll, and puc the known troll.  Just kidding, puc.  These rather disruptful dudes want to see outcomes.  Not the activities, but the outcomes.  I guess put another way, the movie they are watching is not at all what they thought it would be.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

Just now, Brad said:

So for some, it is just entertainment.  Something to do, like a movie or a trip with the fam to Busch Gardens (and you just hope the Kumba is running).  I think that's the opposite of Bullcocky the alleged troll, and puc the known troll.  Just kidding, puc.  These rather disruptful dudes want to see outcomes.  Not the meat grinding, but the outcomes.  I guess put another way, the movie they are watching is not at all what they thought it would be.

Depends on how you define "outcome". We know that one at least of those dd's doesn't consider just winning a proper outcome ...

I think they have a longer timeline than us, and opponent does matter.  You don't believe that, but it does matter to others and to the ability of the program to grow and compete at higher levels.  Again, if it's just entertainment, it doesn't matter.  I see bad movies, but still go back to watch another.  At some point (******* years ago) we should have already grown tired of beating the bottom of the barrel teams.  Unfortunately, we haven't had the luxury of winning even those games.  If so, maybe you'd also see that a top team can't just beat up the nancies every season.  You have to reach higher.  Or you just become a nancy yourself.  (I apologize to all Nancys, no intent to harm or besmirch your names).

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Depends on how you define "outcome". We know that one at least of those dd's doesn't consider just winning a proper outcome ...

Winning is all that matters I just have a different measure of what is actually winning. You think it’s measured by the results of the games you are playing and i think it’s measured by the games you are playing. There is a reason people always want to move up in life and continuing to move down until you find a place you can perhaps compete isn’t actually winning no matter how anyone wants to greenwash the failure.