• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where are we rowing to?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

14 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

That's what I'm worried about and I'm saving my time and money commitments until I see a way forward to becoming the premier program in the state. If there is a plan to do that in this conference, I will help. Things are just too speculative at this point to invest serious money. 

I like both of the podcasts. I'm not a sports better, because I try not to be stupid with money, so I don't like the weekly betting pod that the stampede has been producing. I liked their film break down episodes. Carrying cord is really funny and gives me a lot of laughs. They are both solid and the best news/ takes that we have at the moment. I recommend both. 

I don't think; for me at least, success will be defined by us becoming the premier team in the state since it will be hard to catch up with FSU, Miami, and Florida.

Success will be defined, for me at least, to get the program back to where we were under Taggart( last two years) and  Strong's first year. 

As for basketball I expect us to get back to where we were under Heath, which means NIT and NCAAT bids.

I expect this by next season, or the very least the year after that. Being a 7 -5 team in football, or CBI bid for basketball I would consider failure.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

I don't support USF for any specific result. I do it so we are the best WE can be and I feel "a part of". 

Giving to get wins/conference affiliation/compare ourselves to another program is transactional and not appealing to me anymore. 

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, hm101 said:

I don't support USF for any specific result. I do it so we are the best WE can be and I feel "a part of". 

Giving to get wins/conference affiliation/compare ourselves to another program is transactional and not appealing to me anymore. 

That's fair enough and I understand that point of view. Some people just like rowing for the sake of rowing. That's valid. There are 5-10k within our program with that mentality. The program is probably going to be stuck at that though and losing money unless we have a plan to compete for the #1 spot even if that is a decade or so in the future. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  2,942
  • Days Won:  2

Watching the TB Lightning game on Bally Sports and a commercial for USF just aired.  I was surprised and pleased.  Nice ad.  We need to reach the masses and generate support for the local school/team. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,408
  • Days Won:  3

We will never be the premier team in this state. It's just not possible unless UF and FSU collapse like we have for an extended period of time. That doesn't mean we can't go out and win the AAC and get the **** out. If we do, sure we might make a good conference and possibly playoff but a NC is never going to happen and I'm fine with that. I want to see us win a GD conference championship though. I don't care what conference. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

We will never be the premier team in this state. It's just not possible unless UF and FSU collapse like we have for an extended period of time. That doesn't mean we can't go out and win the AAC and get the **** out. If we do, sure we might make a good conference and possibly playoff but a NC is never going to happen and I'm fine with that. I want to see us win a GD conference championship though. I don't care what conference. 

I guess I just don't understand that mentality. A conference championship would be nice as a stepping stone to bigger things, but why would you ever accept that we won't win a natty? That's kind of a defeatist mentality... why not!? USF is one of the largest schools in the nation in the biggest recruiting hot bed in the country. Even our coach mentioned a natty.

I like going to minor league baseball games occasionally as a novelty and something to do, but almost nobody cares who wins the single A baseball championship. I sure as heck wouldn't invest serious cash into a minor league team. USF needs investors and the vision has to include how to compete with the industry leaders. 

Edited by Bullcocky
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

We CAN win a natty. Golesh has said that's what he aspires to here 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, hm101 said:

We CAN win a natty. Golesh has said that's what he aspires to here 

Really no sense for USF to be investing the way they are otherwise. I think that's the big disconnect between the fans that are asking why we are building the ocs or keeping the program going etc. If you don't think it's possible to compete with the industry leaders or win a natty, why invest so heavy? Obviously USF still thinks it's possible. If they didn't, I think the conversation about disbanding the program is within reason.  With that said, if we do plan on competing for a natty, what's that going to take?

Edited by Bullcocky

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,408
  • Days Won:  3

37 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

That's kind of a defeatist mentality

It's a realist mentality. Look at the 130/131 FBS teams out there. How many are in P5 conferences that haven't won one? The divide between haves and have nots is more than ever in my opinion and the networks are fueling it. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804

Really its about my family. The game days I get to have with my kids. Sure they are not always wins but my kids love it. I hope one day they will take their kids too. 

• Like 2
  • Go Bulls! 1