• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

They NEVER cease to amaze . . .

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

51 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

To add, I know USF's are not stellar but often people are in the club section or not in their seats so it looks worse than it is. As far as the miscreants go, I was watching the USF game and totally missed their's. I got a spy report from a fan of a fellow AAC team that a lot of their fans left when it was 35-10 thinking the game was over. That part is what is somewhat satisfying.

Our West Club definitely skews the perception a bit ..... and leaving early your first home game in a P5 conference that you've been working to get to for decades, while kicking the other team's ass, seems crazy.

And although it doesn't matter that much, I don't think that's their student section. If you go to the Twitter page, you can see a vid in a Reply that indicates the students are opposite the jumbotron ....... but still, even though technically sold out, lot of empty seats in that other end zone ............ and you just gotta love the chain link fence at the top of the section.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,399
  • Days Won:  10

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

and you just gotta love the chain link fence at the top of the section.

That's the Darwin fence.  It's to keep idiots from jumping off and diminishing the UCF gene pool.  Bad idea, in my estimation.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just do what most of the modern world has done and forget that print media exists 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, hm101 said:

All that **** talking about being in the Big 12

Maybe the students' phones died from all their online **** talking and they needed to go back to their dorms to charge them

Fn joke of a program. I thank God every day I am a Bull and not a Kgnat. 

I remember their obnoxious fans at the last USF - UCF game.   They were waving their Big 12 banners as if they won the lottery.  Well they are in the Big 12, so show up at your games.   Nothing sweeter than seeing their attendance sink while they continue to lose conference games. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

At the end of the year, hopefully we can waive a conference championship trophy in their face! AAC champion is > Big 12 membership. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bullcocky said:

At the end of the year, hopefully we can waive a conference championship trophy in their face! AAC champion is > Big 12 membership. 

The only reason to win aac championships is to get something like big 12 membership, not a single team is going to finish their big 12 season wishing they won an aac championship and if anyone was actually interested in it I’m pretty sure we would be more than happy to switch places with them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

:popcorn:

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783
  • Days Won:  3

12 hours ago, Brad said:

Wait, who?  Tampa what?  I don't get it.

If we want any traditional "media" outfit to cover us, we probably need to pay them more in advertising.  Coverage is sold, not earned.

I think there are folks who don't quite think that through. Although football provides three hours - minimum - of entertainment, there's the business side of that enterprise as well. Part of that selling is the story that captivates, eyes on the page, traffic etc. I like it when people take pride in saying they don't read the paper (what's a paper? yuk, yuk, yuk) and then complain about the lack of coverage (though that knowledge was obtained second hand). Like the joke about two older ladies leaving the restaurant; one complains "the food was just awful" and the other opines "and such small portions, too". 🤔

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The only reason to win aac championships is to get something like big 12 membership, not a single team is going to finish their big 12 season wishing they won an aac championship and if anyone was actually interested in it I’m pretty sure we would be more than happy to switch places with them. 

That is a fresh interesting take Puc, not sure I have heard this angle from you, please elaborate.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

TBT does not care about USF.  That is clear so I do not care about reading their writers.  Quid pro quo...  

I guess they do not need subscriptions and readers.   Good for them.   Send them messages on twitter.

• Upvote 1