• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

They NEVER cease to amaze . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,730
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

a conference trophy seems like winning a minor league baseball championship.

Works for me. I still get warm fuzzies thinking about that intramural ultimate Frisbee campus championship my team won back in 1990-something. Championships of any sort mean something and last forever. 😉🤘

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

I don't know...I can't even bring myself to watch conference games other than USF... a conference trophy seems like winning a minor league baseball championship. 

Funny.   Schools in lower conferences that win their championships get invited to the big show.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, hightechbull said:

Funny.   Schools in lower conferences that win their championships get invited to the big show.

I hear Boise is turning Blue waiting for their long awaited invite, also Tulane is just on the cusp of riding that Green Wave into the P5. SMU obviously is finally capitalizing on their last conference championship from 1984. No one cares at all what happens in the G5 it doesn’t exist.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

34 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I hear Boise is turning Blue waiting for their long awaited invite, also Tulane is just on the cusp of riding that Green Wave into the P5. SMU obviously is finally capitalizing on their last conference championship from 1984. No one cares at all what happens in the G5 it doesn’t exist.

There can be myriads of reasons for conference movement, and non movement, but to continue to not acknowledge why the 3 AAC went to the Big XII is blissfully ignorant ............ and expected.

59 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There can be myriads of reasons for conference movement, and non movement, but to continue to not acknowledge why the 3 AAC went to the Big XII is blissfully ignorant ............ and expected.

Houston went to the BIG12 because they are in Houston that’s it that’s the full answer, Cincinnati went because they are a national brand from decades of basketball success and give them a new territory that is a fairly large state and we didn’t go because UCF went instead mostly based on their national interest they drew from large out of conference wins and claiming a national championship. The B12 wanted a Florida team, UCF checked more boxes than us but that is a very isolated one off instance that’s over now and should have nothing to do with what we think will determine anything in the future. 

Just in case this is not clear enough look at the replacements the AAC brought in as well, now tell me with a straight face that you think winning at lower levels plays a large part in these decisions. Can you make us more money that's what matters not can you beat us more often and make things harder on us and also we really want to have you play in places that make you smaller and more obscure. An AAC championship can never fill the gap in loss of value that comes from playing in the AAC that year.