• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There is NOBODY at this game!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

My wife and I sat with 79Bull and his wife and we had a grand old time! I’ve been at worse attended games at RJS. An enjoyable afternoon.

With @79 BullI would have expected nothing less.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun and winning is always amazing! However, this was not a college football atmosphere. Maybe the OCS gets us there?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

14 hours ago, puc86 said:

We have a Mike Kelly problem, today perfectly encapsulates where his vision leads and that it only works for ~ 10k people in the Tampa area( most of which are there for free or would show up for a Putin lead USF program). Everything is worse and never getting better under his watchful eye. It’s past time for everyone to be calling for his head.

I'm glad CAG is a Trump supporter. It makes it even easier cheering for USF. 

I agree with the Kelly problem. CAG is a great hire (I said it a few months ago) - until he's poached. If he wins too quickly this season, it will be noticable to other programs in the P5 mired in losses and he could be gone in a NY minute.

The question remains: How does Kelly clean up the aftermath from the Big 12 going Pearl Harbor on the AAC? It does eventually come full circle - the AAC is talking to Army presently - remember they had a stretch as bad as our most recent stretch and were exiled into purgatory. Eventually in a decade or so, we might have some value to one of the conferences (assuming we have consecutive successful hires for a head coach). 

On a different note, I have six tickets and can only get to one game a season presently (besides games in Texas). I've tried giving tickets to people - for free. Very little traction. I'm currently buried at work and when I get home with my four thousand kids. I'm not even able to keep up with my fantasy baseball teams presently. At least my wife gives me time to watch the USF games on Saturday. Other than that - I'm a broken man.

I'm the Dunkin Donuts guy. Wake up at 1:30 AM - at work by 2 AM. Home by 5:30 PM. Play with kids for two hours while using car jacks to keep my eye lids open - fit in throwing a substandard dinner together while also doing homework with the two kids in school - wife gets home between 7 PM and 7:30 PM - get the kids in bed NLT than 8 PM. Fall asleep watching Billions, or whatever show of the moment interests my wife. Rinse and repeat.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

I have had troubles giving tickets away in the past, so I stopped trying. At the current time, I think the demand of a USF ticket to a conference opponent is in the negative for non family, some students, and diehards (might have to pay people to attend). USF attendance has always been based on opponent. Even when I was a student, it was hard to get students excited about the annual Syracuse or a weak non conference game. If they weren't ranked, there was very little buzz. It's way worse now but the only way out is to win, win big, and get some attention and hopefully demand will increase in the acc or big 12.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

A lot of us said multiple times that the currentAAC sucks and nobody cares about the opponents; BUT, this is where we need/deserve to be and it’s an opportunity to. Hold our program back quicker than being hurried in a P5. Hopefully it’s not too late, but if we can go 6-6 or 7-5 this year, improve in 2024, win the conference in a year or two, we will be I. The right spot when the IVS come for fan increase. This will all feed into conference realignment. Most teams have reduced attendance, Maryland still struggles to fill their stadium except for when they play UM, OSU or Penn St. as long as we are a top team in our conference, students will show up well with the OCS and alumni will show up regardless of the opponent and that’s all that matters. Yesterday was big for us, yes, it’s a building block, but it was a first step and a very fun one at that. Go Bulls!!

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

34 minutes ago, michibull said:

this is where we need/deserve to be and it’s an opportunity to. Hold our program back quicker than being hurried in a P5

Wow, should have proof read that, haha. I meant it’s an opportunity to build our program back quicker than being buried in a P5. 🙄😂

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

15 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Brutal!  What a game too.  People are lame.

... and bitter. Hopefully, we keep seeing more reasons for their lameness and bitterness to sound just as stupid as it does today following that game.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Love you Rich 

Good seeing you on the zoom after the game.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Days Won:  2

17 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

I would have loved to be there, I miss our season tickets. We had them from day 1 until 2020. Now no one who will go. 

You can join us

• Like 1