• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I still have my goggles on 😎

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,461
  • Days Won:  25

The good - We WON! We had 4 sacks, 12TFLs, 2 pass deflects, 3 Ints, 1 fumble recovery and some QB hurries. Scored 38 points.

The Bad - DB's gave up way to many plays. The penalties is what kept many of their drives open. QB accuracy.

The UGLY - Unsportsmanlike penalties. Another FOUR HOUR game.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,115
  • Days Won:  56

Spit balling: I felt better about this team after the WKU game than yesterday. Amaris Brown is acting consistently like a punk. Offensive line will be an issue all season and so will pass coverage. Where did Byrum’s accuracy go? Sean Atkins may be our best offensive player. Run defense is our most improved unit. Depth is much better. Where has Logan Berryhill been all this time? We’re not playing well or disciplined, but we are finally playing with some energy and emotion. All things said, the American gives us a chance at some wins if we start playing better - the league is a shell of its former self.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

Well if we stop standing over people and doing throat slashes early in the game on an 11 game losing streak that 100 could go down 15.

The only reassuring thing for me, is that in the post game Coach Go basically attributed the penalties to inexperience.  So many guys playing right now never suited up before.  Said one of em "never traveled with the team before".  Apparently even a lot of the transfers they got didn't have many games under their belt.

So if you keep it in perspective that is an incredibly young and inexperienced group, the emotions & penalties are understandable.

This is coming from someone who didn't particularly enjoy the game at the time (my PTSD from watching games over the years had me expecting FAMU to tie us in the 4th qtr).  But I will say there is at least hope these games could be a spring board and as opposed to our ceiling.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

Let's see how the players react to CAG and crew (hopefully) ripping them in film review. Lot's to clean up but here's to improving each week 🍺.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,038
  • Days Won:  38

2 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Another FOUR HOUR game.

The corporate masters doing what they do.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,640
  • Days Won:  6

I'm still goggled up and won't take them off next week regardless of the beatdown. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,038
  • Days Won:  38

15 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I'm still goggled up and won't take them off next week regardless of the beatdown. 

North Carolina Sunglasses GIF by UNC Tar Heels

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,427
  • Days Won:  25

12 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm still feeling good. Our defense last year would have lost this game. FAMU's FBS transfer QB had 358yds passing yards which sucks, but we held them to 19 rushing yards . We had 4 sacks, 12TFLs, 2 pass deflects, 3 Ints, 1 fumble recovery and a crapload of QB hurries. The penalties is what kept many of their drives open. 

As for our offense, Our QB had 228 yds of offense and 5tds (3 passing and 2 rushing) And had a "bad game" in which he missed 2-3 tds passes...Just imagine what a good game will be like. In the end we played bad and still dominated. Once we clean up the penalties and connect on the throws it will be smooth sailing. So far we are averaging 450 yds of offense, 4 tds and 31 pts per game....and that's while "playing bad"....imagine if we actually have a good game? 

The kid is taking a beating and by far our best offensive player so far carrying the offense. His accuracy and throwing timing seems a little off with the receivers. Is it because he is playing scared forcing throws , the receivers are not running their routes correctly, the receivers are dropping balls hitting them in the hands, his accuracy his off, the offense is out of sync, or is he having the infamous "sophmore/year2" struggles?  I hope he keeps improving or we may need to look into another qb at some point. I believe in him over a 7th year QB that has had one good year. Archie looked rough in relief but he walked into a bad situation and had two bad passes. I would be interested to see what Isaiah Carter has. I mean after next week we maybe starting  a fund for medical bills for the USF quarterback(s) if the offensive line doesn't hold better in the pocket and protect the qb.

The famu and wku quarterbacks looked more polished but they are 6/7 year players. You are coming an 18 year old's arm in an ew offensive moving fast to a 23 and 24 year old's arm that should be in the pros or working a real job at this point if it wasn't for the extra covid years and transfer portal madness they are slowly trying to crack down on.

I don't think we really have any better options at QB currently to run Golesh's go go go offensive.

So paraphrasing the words of Goach Ill ride with him anyday, he is a tough son of a *****. He mentioned it again last night and said put it on a tshirt. I think Golesh understands any qb is taking a beating with the current rag tag offensive line and receivers group until the offense gets in sync. I wasn't really impressed with last night's game, but I was hoping for a better performance.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, smazza said:

last year is dead and gone

we still arent good and the product on the field is horrible

over 100 yards in penalties

Take this as a good sign.  Closer to the Leavitt years.

• Haha 2
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,115
  • Days Won:  56

So far, I’m good with Todd Orlando. He’s not afraid to bring pressure on most downs. We are giving up big yards in the passing game, but at least we’re attempting to mix it up and create some pressure - unlike the last two bozos who held the position.