• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Game 1 Aftermath

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

miracle.

This is what scares me. I think we will have several injuries, just hoping none of them are major. They have so much more size, speed, strength, etc. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,144
  • Days Won:  39

17 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

This is what scares me. I think we will have several injuries, just hoping none of them are major. They have so much more size, speed, strength, etc. 

Maybe we let our depth get some time haha

18 minutes ago, Rizman said:

Houston just barely beat UTSA.   I agree it is going to be difficult.  I think the Rice game will be key to us having a positive season.  

Is rice before or after UAB?  I felt like UAB was going to be the moment but may need to reassess...

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Maybe we let our depth get some time haha

Is rice before or after UAB?  I felt like UAB was going to be the moment but may need to reassess...

Ok, good point.  However, new coach at UAB, they might be transitioning like we are.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

Good-I was surprised with the fast start on offense and defense. We scored on the first drive and made a stop on the first drive.  The running game looked good, but a lot of yards of broken plays too. The defense looked better until the 2nd half of the game. The tackling and coverages were improved, but the pass rush is lacking. 

Bad- The offense is not ready to move this fast. The receivers were not able to get separation or run good routes consistently. The offensive line is really bad at pass protecting and the pocket is so small because of it. The defense was on the field faster than needed to be because of the three and outs. Brown had a bad game from quarterback but the offensive line did him zero favors. We are not going to win many games with that qb play, wr play, and offensive line play. We really should have called a time out, ran the ball, and changed qbs after the big hit he took in the red zone. The offense is going to be really run heavy again until the offensive line and receivers gel. 

I didn't expect to win, but I expected to see better coaching when the game got out of hand. The veteran coach let Goach blow his load early and show his tricks, and then Helton made adjustments. Goach was not able to make adjustments to WKU to put his team in a position to win. I expect USF to beat FAMU and lose to Bama. I hope Goach has the offense and team firing on all cylinders come conference play. The loss really hurt Goach and the team. I hope he hates losing as much as me and molds these bulls into winners ASAP.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Despite alot of mistakes we were in game late it was over when Brown had the interception in the endzone.  Really like to have seen what happend if we tied it up then. Likely lose cause WKU knows how to close games we don't...yet. That was always my concern about winning this game...it will take some time to have that Syracuse moment when it clicks...it will be beautiful when it does.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Good-I was surprised with the fast start on offense and defense. We scored on the first drive and made a stop on the first drive.  The running game looked good, but a lot of yards of broken plays too. The defense looked better until the 2nd half of the game. The tackling and coverages were improved, but the pass rush is lacking. 

Bad- The offense is not ready to move this fast. The receivers were not able to get separation or run good routes consistently. The offensive line is really bad at pass protecting and the pocket is so small because of it. The defense was on the field faster than needed to be because of the three and outs. Brown had a bad game from quarterback but the offensive line did him zero favors. We are not going to win many games with that qb play, wr play, and offensive line play. We really should have called a time out, ran the ball, and changed qbs after the big hit he took in the red zone. The offense is going to be really run heavy again until the offensive line and receivers gel. 

I didn't expect to win, but I expected to see better coaching when the game got out of hand. The veteran coach let Goach blow his load early and show his tricks, and then Helton made adjustments. Goach was not able to make adjustments to WKU to put his team in a position to win. I expect USF to beat FAMU and lose to Bama. I hope Goach has the offense and team firing on all cylinders come conference play. The loss really hurt Goach and the team. I hope he hates losing as much as me and molds these bulls into winners ASAP.

Man... one of the best post game post I've read if not the best.

I figured we would run the ball a bunch and we did. He tried to mix in that tempo and it didn't work yet. Live game experience is a different animal than practice. We will get there.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

4 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Man... one of the best post game post I've read if not the best.

I figured we would run the ball a bunch and we did. He tried to mix in that tempo and it didn't work yet. Live game experience is a different animal than practice. We will get there.

A player at the luncheon said the offense was too fast. He would know I assume.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Yea. I mean if they've never experienced it before i would expect them to say that. He's seen it work at a couple stops though. Just have to keep tweaking and figure out how to roll it out over time.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Or the player needs to adapt 

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

16 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Sounds like something a Charlie Strong recruited kid would say 😃