• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone go to the Luncheon Yesterday?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  848
  • Days Won:  1

25 minutes ago, KB said:

This was my take as well. Get on now, or you might not have a seat based on size of stadium and current season ticket holder and donor base.  

Makes me wonder out of 35K capacity, how many seats reserved for students? 6k would be my guess. That leaves 29k seats to sell. If I had to guess 15-20k season ticket sales in year 1. that leaves 9k for the mini pack and single game deadheads which I presume in year one there would be increased single game interest for those wanting to visit the new stadium. The challenge will be supply not demand, as usual.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

46 minutes ago, pascobull said:

Makes me wonder out of 35K capacity, how many seats reserved for students? 6k would be my guess. That leaves 29k seats to sell. If I had to guess 15-20k season ticket sales in year 1. that leaves 9k for the mini pack and single game deadheads which I presume in year one there would be increased single game interest for those wanting to visit the new stadium. The challenge will be supply not demand, as usual.

Don't forget 2,000-5,000 allocation to visiting team depending on who it is and what the contract calls for.  

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

10 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Don't forget 2,000-5,000 allocation to visiting team depending on who it is and what the contract calls for.  

It is closer to 5,000 than 2,000.

Also, it would be difficult to believe that the OCS will have less seats for students than what is allotted now.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, KB said:

This was my take as well. Get on now, or you might not have a seat based on size of stadium and current season ticket holder and donor base.  

Our player told us they have seen stadium designs and renderings.  The coach with us said the football operations building is the thing they are the most excited about and will help recruiting even more than the stadium.  The players care more about where they train, eat, and sometimes sleep from Sunday - Friday more than they care about where they play on Saturday.   Sounds like the operations building will be state of the art and the Selmon Center is getting cramped. 

Coach with us also said the Claw land will be redeveloped into student apartment/housing  with retail and bars and restaurants on bottom floor.   Places for students/alum to hang within walking distance to new stadium. 

The event overall was great. 

Go Bulls!

Thank you for this insight!!!

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

4 hours ago, KB said:

Our player told us they have seen stadium designs and renderings.  The coach with us said the football operations building is the thing they are the most excited about and will help recruiting even more than the stadium.  The players care more about where they train, eat, and sometimes sleep from Sunday - Friday more than they care about where they play on Saturday.   Sounds like the operations building will be state of the art and the Selmon Center is getting cramped. 

Coach with us also said the Claw land will be redeveloped into student apartment/housing  with retail and bars and restaurants on bottom floor.   Places for students/alum to hang within walking distance to new stadium. 

The event overall was great. 

Go Bulls!

Is that land owned by athletics?

If they earn revenue from leasing out that land does athletics get extra money that could go towards the stadium debt?

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Is that land owned by athletics?

If they earn revenue from leasing out that land does athletics get extra money that could go towards the stadium debt?

That, I do not know.  He did mention that golf practice facility and a three hole practice course will remain, so he sounded insightful.  

1 hour ago, Gismo said:

Thank you for this insight!!!

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Also, it would be difficult to believe that the OCS will have less seats for students than what is allotted now.

Ok so 

Away Fans - 5k

Students - 10k

Season Tix Current - Guessing 15k-17k

increase Season tix for new stadium - 3-5k?

yeah never mind if students go we would be pretty full!! 

and smaller demand people will buy so they don’t get left out. 

I say we sell it out for the whole 1st season!!

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, John Lewis said:

But when Rice turns back 4799 of the 5000 we can sell those.  😎

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

51 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Ok so 

Away Fans - 5k

Students - 10k

Season Tix Current - Guessing 15k-17k

increase Season tix for new stadium - 3-5k?

yeah never mind if students go we would be pretty full!! 

and smaller demand people will buy so they don’t get left out. 

I say we sell it out for the whole 1st season!!

I think it would be cool to have a standing area with shade for the students in a grass area in one of the end zones. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

For a 35k seat stadium can't see them doing 10k+ in student seats...would think 5k for students.