• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

The clubhouse at the Claw used to be one of my favorite places to go eat wings and watch the Bulls' road games.  Much more enjoyable than me trying to golf there.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

15 hours ago, hm101 said:

Does USF own the land? And operate the Claw? 

If so then yeah no brainer, close shop and do all 3. 

I have fond memories of the claw too but it's certainly time. 

USF does own the land. 

They contract out the operating of the Claw, but clearly have an out that kicks in around Labor Day. Closing date is Labor Day weekend. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

39 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

USF does own the land. 

They contract out the operating of the Claw, but clearly have an out that kicks in around Labor Day. Closing date is Labor Day weekend. 

Thanks for the heads up.  Probably need one last visit.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,384
  • Days Won:  25

I really wonder if Vinnik is going to get involved with the ocs and the surrounding land development. He just sold his ownership his development company that built up and remodeled all the areas around Amalie Arena including  Sparkman Wharf. I think it would be great to put parking, a tail gate area, beer garden, and something similar to Spark Man wharf near the stadium to pregame at or watch from if you can't get tickets.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I really wonder if Vinnik is going to get involved with the ocs and the surrounding land development. He just sold his ownership his development company that built up and remodeled all the areas around Amalie Arena including  Sparkman Wharf. I think it would be great to put parking, a tail gate area, beer garden, and something similar to Spark Man wharf near the stadium to pregame at or watch from if you can't get tickets.

Thought my wife mentioned that he sold to spend more time with grandkids. Not sure if that means he's retiring or just cutting back.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

35 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Thought my wife mentioned that he sold to spend more time with grandkids. Not sure if that means he's retiring or just cutting back.

thats what the press release said and i'm sure plays a part. But he also sold off a minority share in the Lightning this month estimated in the hundreds of millions. Liquidating that much money in 2 separate transactions within that short of a time could lead one to believe he has a play in mind to use that money.

granted i'm not sure how or why USF would be involved

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,576
  • Days Won:  423

32 minutes ago, bulloni said:

thats what the press release said and i'm sure plays a part. But he also sold off a minority share in the Lightning this month estimated in the hundreds of millions. Liquidating that much money in 2 separate transactions within that short of a time could lead one to believe he has a play in mind to use that money.

We can only hope, though .......

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

31 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We can only hope, though .......

someone on a construction message board for Tampa claims there is a rumor there is a Vinik + Rays + Ybor play going on. Would make sense for why he'd need that much capitol freed up. Looks like it also came out yesterday Hillsborough is about to make the Rays a pitch about Ybor https://www.fox13news.com/news/hillsborough-prepared-to-make-offer-to-rays

Getting an MLB team 20 minutes south of campus wouldn't be a bad consolation prize

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,576
  • Days Won:  423

48 minutes ago, bulloni said:

someone on a construction message board for Tampa claims there is a rumor there is a Vinik + Rays + Ybor play going on. Would make sense for why he'd need that much capitol freed up. Looks like it also came out yesterday Hillsborough is about to make the Rays a pitch about Ybor https://www.fox13news.com/news/hillsborough-prepared-to-make-offer-to-rays

Getting an MLB team 20 minutes south of campus wouldn't be a bad consolation prize

****, didn't even think about that. That'll work, too ........

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, bulloni said:

I had heard from an Iron Bull that the development of the Claw may be tied to the OCS as a revenue stream. Don't know how much they know or how accurate that is.

• Upvote 1