• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Best article I've seen on USF NIL numbers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

28 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Wow assuming this is about Battie this changes my tune on NIL. If a 1-11 G5 team can't keep their leading running back without 250k I don't think we even try to keep our stars.

We just have to spread it out so everyone on the roster gets a nice chunk of change and focus on the culture of the team and system the coach puts in place. Make everyone look like system players so its not a big deal to lose these guys

This is 100 percent about Battie, there's no question about it. I'm curious if his dad (who I've seen very active on Twitter in the past) acknowledges it at all. I didn't like him leaving at the time, but understood it, as that's what college football is now in the portal era, and he has a chance to prove himself in the premiere CFB conference. But knowing it went down this way (allegedly) feels gross and changes my entire view of it.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

22 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

This is 100 percent about Battie, there's no question about it. I'm curious if his dad (who I've seen very active on Twitter in the past) acknowledges it at all. I didn't like him leaving at the time, but understood it, as that's what college football is now in the portal era, and he has a chance to prove himself in the premiere CFB conference. But knowing it went down this way (allegedly) feels gross and changes my entire view of it.

There are no rules from preventing these situations playing out like this either:

1.) USF NIL collective actually raises 100k for Battie

2.) After spring practice Auburn still needs a RB, offer him 250k to transfer

3.) He takes it, now has 350k and USF fans just spent 100k on nothing

Until there are some type of regulations around this it doesn't feel right breaking our entire NIL budget for a few players when they can just transfer anyway. I'd rather every player on the roster be getting 10k than the best 8 players getting 100k. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,395
  • Days Won:  3

48 minutes ago, bulloni said:

There are no rules from preventing these situations playing out like this either:

1.) USF NIL collective actually raises 100k for Battie

2.) After spring practice Auburn still needs a RB, offer him 250k to transfer

3.) He takes it, now has 350k and USF fans just spent 100k on nothing

Until there are some type of regulations around this it doesn't feel right breaking our entire NIL budget for a few players when they can just transfer anyway. I'd rather every player on the roster be getting 10k than the best 8 players getting 100k. 

I can't imagine our NIL collective is just handing this out as a lump sum. Now established P5 NIL collectives... Sure. They have money to throw away. We don't have that luxury.

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Of the very few rules around NIL is the requirement that the player perform some activity for the payment. You can’t just hand it out. As soon as this gets to court to determine whether paying a player $100,000 for a meet and greet is considered “just and fair” compensation for said meeting, we’ll have even more fun.  Of course by then, the collectives will have to be suing each other and opening their books to the court/public.  And players will have been on the take for some time.   Should be fun.  

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  842
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, Brad said:

Of the very few rules around NIL is the requirement that the player perform some activity for the payment. You can’t just hand it out. As soon as this gets to court to determine whether paying a player $100,000 for a meet and greet is considered “just and fair” compensation for said meeting, we’ll have even more fun.  Of course by then, the collectives will have to be suing each other and opening their books to the court/public.  And players will have been on the take for some time.   Should be fun.  

Collectives make it "legal", but your old-school boosters would be foolish to actually funnel money through a collective. Imagine much of the payments from the heavy hitters are still under the table, whereas the casual fan/alumni can donate to the more organized and appropriate "collective". 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

On 6/8/2023 at 6:25 AM, bulloni said:

Wow assuming this is about Battie this changes my tune on NIL. If a 1-11 G5 team can't keep their leading running back without 250k I don't think we even try to keep our stars.

We just have to spread it out so everyone on the roster gets a nice chunk of change and focus on the culture of the team and system the coach puts in place. Make everyone look like system players so its not a big deal to lose these guys

There's a big difference between trying and offering, in hand and not in hand.  I wonder how much FAC actually paid to Battie.. It was pretty clear he should have been a top target, but I remember seeing other "ambassadors" (don't know what that means in terms of $).  Maybe Battie was one...don't know.  Why the tweet?

• 4 weeks later...

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Outback Stadium just around the corner. Perhaps we could call it something like ... Outback Bowl? 🤔 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

CPA’s are next up with the lawyers after the IRS starts getting into the 501-3c definitions.

TASLogo_Black.png

NIL collectives are structurally independent of a school, yet fund...

Edited by BDYZR

8 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

CPA’s are next up with the lawyers after the IRS starts getting into the 501-3c definitions.

TASLogo_Black.png

NIL collectives are structurally independent of a school, yet fund...

Anyone know if Fowler Ave is for profit or non-profit?