• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dok Muordar has entered the transfer portal

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, Bullumni said:

For those who can't fathom why people enter the transfer portal, I think it's time we all acknowledge and accept (unless you are willing to be an activist and do something about it) the fact that this world has evolved (or devolved depending on the way you look at things) and not stagnant in how we deal with the moment at hand.  The way we live is very different from the way our fathers lived.  The only thing we can be assured of is things are always changing.

Very few athletes, young adults, and children have ascribed to the  idea of remaining at 1 university or college throughout their entire collegiate athletic career.

Haven’t really thought about it before but it kinda mirrors the workplace compared to my/my father’s time. Kids change jobs today like they change underwear, if they wear any. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Bullumni said:

Very few athletes...have ascribed to the  idea of remaining at 1 university or college throughout their entire collegiate athletic career. 

And this is so much more costly, but they don't have to deal with costs.  Only the suckers do that. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Bullumni said:

For those who can't fathom why people enter the transfer portal, I think it's time we all acknowledge and accept (unless you are willing to be an activist and do something about it) the fact that this world has evolved (or devolved depending on the way you look at things) and not stagnant in how we deal with the moment at hand.  The way we live is very different from the way our fathers lived.  The only thing we can be assured of is things are always changing.

Very few athletes, young adults, and children have ascribed to the  idea of remaining at 1 university or college throughout their entire collegiate athletic career.  I've found the mentality of "what have you done for me lately" so much more prevalent than "What can I do to make this team better".  It's unfortunate for the fans, but I suppose for most people who grow up in a time where they are taught that money and "me first"  are so much easier to achieve than the hard work, and loyalty that breeds good friends and good moral values in life.

Easy way out should never be taught, unless it comes with the smarter way to do things.

*random rant/observation over*

:applause:

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Ok boomer 

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Haven’t really thought about it before but it kinda mirrors the workplace compared to my/my father’s time. Kids change jobs today like they change underwear, if they wear any. 

After I had a few jobs while in high school at diner, McD's then a jewelry store(also while in college) I worked my whole 31 year career at 1 job. As you guys have said, different times.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

20 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Geez, all of these transfers are ridiculous. Looks like a total rebuild.

Guess the holdover players were not impressed by AAR and his message!

At least we have the 3 transfers from Kennesaw State!

this will happen in football and basketball every year

this is the new one and done

i wouldnt built an ocs so fast

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, smazza said:

this will happen in football and basketball every year

this is the new one and done

i wouldnt built an ocs so fast

Not necessarily. Winning will help. Moving up to a power 5 conference will help. The OCS can only but help. Figuring out the NIL will help. In the end its up to a coach to convince players that staying at USF is in their best interest.

Either way every team in the AAC will be in the same boat regarding the transfer portal. So it can't become an excuse for not winning.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,060
  • Days Won:  38

21 hours ago, Bullumni said:

The way we live is very different from the way our fathers lived.  The only thing we can be assured of is things are always changing.

Working on blowing up my lifestyle to correct that. 🤔

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,060
  • Days Won:  38

20 hours ago, Triple B said:

Kids change jobs today like they change underwear, if they wear any. 

I wish I had learned this earlier.  Then started doubling, tripling, and quadrupling salary.  It's a dumb hustle.  There's no loyalty from these companies anyway.  Get out there and rock, and roll the bones!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

21 hours ago, Bullumni said:

Very few athletes, young adults, and children have ascribed to the  idea of remaining at 1 university or college throughout their entire collegiate athletic career.  I've found the mentality of "what have you done for me lately" so much more prevalent than "What can I do to make this team better".  It's unfortunate for the fans, but I suppose for most people who grow up in a time where they are taught that money and "me first"  are so much easier to achieve than the hard work, and loyalty that breeds good friends and good moral values in life.

Easy way out should never be taught, unless it comes with the smarter way to do things.

*random rant/observation over*

Absolutely one of the best comments I have ever read on social media.

Edited by BDYZR
  • Upvote 1