• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you guys think it would look like if we went Independent in all sports?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

There are ranked teams and unranked teams embarrassing USF on the field consistently over the last three to five years. We can't judge until we start beating teams in our own conference consistently. Ever since the firing of the Godfather Leavitt and collapse on the BIG EAST outside of a couple years we have been pure cow patties. IT is time to step it up and get rid of guys that can't get the job done in the athletic office.

That is an entirely different issue.  It is kind of embarrassing we have fans who do that. I know it was eons ago but some of those programs did have some success playing bigtime football.   But then again, I remember before the collapse of the Big East some of our fans were convinced USF was a shoo in to stay in one of the preferred conferences .  I knew otherwise.  I do hate being right sometimes. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,367
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

That is an entirely different issue.  It is kind of embarrassing we have fans who do that. I know it was eons ago but some of those programs did have some success playing bigtime football.   But then again, I remember before the collapse of the Big East some of our fans were convinced USF was a shoo in to stay in one of the preferred conferences .  I knew otherwise.  I do hate being right sometimes. 

THE AD and athletic department should be thanking consistently any football and basketball fans left. The product on the field is making it more difficult to watch.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,344
  • Days Won:  43

6 hours ago, puc86 said:

There is no one that raises their profile by moving people below them up to their level, any conference that brings up teams does not create stability and lives in a constant state of instability. Imagine that the team that had the least amount of differentiation and had the closest alternative to them brought on board was the one that stood the most to lose by the let’s just make the conference stronger by bringing on worse parts stood the most to lose and should avoid that path by any means necessary, novel! It’s not entitlement it’s common sense that you don’t squander your market differentiation by bringing people up to your level because as much as they go up you also go down.

You got to start thinking more positive. USF has a state of the art OCS on the way. ACC rumors are swirling 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

THE AD and athletic department should be thanking consistently any football and basketball fans left. The product on the field is making it more difficult to watch.

Won’t be long before the fans are thanking the AD….

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Bull Awakening said:

You got to start thinking more positive. USF has a state of the art OCS on the way. ACC rumors are swirling 

Ok Daly.  While I appreciate your positivity, I feel like I have to say something in the spirit of Peyton telling Eli to stop guessing the helmet catch.  Stop pushing this ACC rumor thing!  I hope it happens but count me as a skeptic. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

5 hours ago, Brad said:

Who was that?  Cincinnati?

And Connecticut

4 minutes ago, Mission9 said:

Ok Daly.  While I appreciate your positivity, I feel like I have to say something in the spirit of Peyton telling Eli to stop guessing the helmet catch.  Stop pushing this ACC rumor thing!  I hope it happens but count me as a skeptic. 

Lol good one. Got to keep this board going during this off season. Hopefully the ACC rumors start getting drown out by more wins on the field. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And Connecticut

A stretch but okay. So a conference with 8-9 others that weren’t. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,028
  • Days Won:  10

6 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

Won’t be long before the fans are thanking the AD….

If he gets us into the ACC or Big 12 all will be forgiven.

If he builds  us an OCS, and we start winning again in both basketball and football all will be forgiven.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

And Connecticut

The same Uconn that decided creating the aac was a mistake and then pivoted to the plan I suggested?