• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

More signs that create stress . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,126
  • Days Won:  56

I don't know if these guys appeared because of specific media interview requests, but if we're still rolling out Matthew Hill, I gotta wonder if our new head coach or his DC watched any film of this team from 2022. I'm sure there has been one, but I don't know that I remember a guy more overmatched playing in a D1 secondary. And is this the same guy who celebrated a fumble recovery like he'd won a conference championship in a game where we were getting our ass handed to us by - what? - 5 TDs? Now that's building culture. Sorry, I'm feeling extra spicy today because of the Brey reports. All of the losing is just wearing me out.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,493
  • Days Won:  0

You watched our defense last season, he might be the best we have right now.  I think if there was a better backup available, he would have been playing.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,345
  • Days Won:  0

He strikes me as the kinda guy coaches love. When it comes to actual games he isn't that good. Then throw in the once a game unsportsmanlike penalty or blown coverage and he hurts the team.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

43 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I don't know if these guys appeared because of specific media interview requests, but if we're still rolling out Matthew Hill, I gotta wonder if our new head coach or his DC watched any film of this team from 2022. I'm sure there has been one, but I don't know that I remember a guy more overmatched playing in a D1 secondary. And is this the same guy who celebrated a fumble recovery like he'd won a conference championship in a game where we were getting our ass handed to us by - what? - 5 TDs? Now that's building culture. Sorry, I'm feeling extra spicy today because of the Brey reports. All of the losing is just wearing me out.

Are you talking about the guy that had never played defense and was being coached by the worst coaching staff in the history of football? Athletes can be taught.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,126
  • Days Won:  56

Sorry. I'm probably just picking at this point, but my frustration with the near futility of this athletic program is bubbling over. Back in the day, I used to look at programs that were in huge down stretches like Rutgers, Northwestern, Baylor, etc. and think, "How do those fans stay with it?" Now I realize, we are them.

I will say, he sure doesn't look physically like a D1 safety to me. This is what a D1 safety looks like . . . 

Syd.jpg

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166
  • Days Won:  3

I remember being at the BYU game and saw the coaching staff utilizing signs to signal what defense they were running. While our defense was looking at the signs, BYU was running their next play. I knew it was going to be a long year after seeing that. I'm betting that it was more about dumb coaching decisions than our players' abilities.

Edited by TExpress

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

Dave’s right . This guy got burned on every play he had to defend. Was kinda shocked they rolled him out there. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  850
  • Days Won:  1

Everyone on our defense got burned every play last season. I know I usually lean on the side of optimism, but I really really do not think we can judge our players based on last year's coaching. For instance - I know for a fact they know how to tackle. Last year? Didn't seem that way very much at all. These guys are much better individually than the positions they were put in last year. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,545

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Honestly, the DC not getting plays in on time was really what did us in. They failed the players, that’s ultimately what led us to a season of mediocrity.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,545

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Sorry. I'm probably just picking at this point, but my frustration with the near futility of this athletic program is bubbling over. Back in the day, I used to look at programs that were in huge down stretches like Rutgers, Northwestern, Baylor, etc. and think, "How do those fans stay with it?" Now I realize, we are them.

I will say, he sure doesn't look physically like a D1 safety to me. This is what a D1 safety looks like . . . 

Syd.jpg

At least those three teams are collecting pay checks