• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gregory Gone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  335
  • Days Won:  1

He handled his time with class, wish things had worked, and wish a good man the best going forward.  Now Kelly needs to make a hire that works. Hope things can turn around. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Absolutely the right call.  CBG like CJS are both nice guys and we wish them well but both were the wrong people to lead MBB and football.  6 years is a large enough body of work to see that he wasn't gonna get it done.  Let's hope Kelly brings in someone with some juice.  MBB needs a spark in a big way.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

Heat should really be on Kelly now

Yep.  He's had 2 bites of the apple with football and now this will be his second bite of the apple with MBB.  And before people say he didn't hire CBG, he took ownership of him the minute he signed his contract extension. MK is back on the clock...

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,345
  • Days Won:  5

What I would like to see is Mike come out and say he has dozens upon dozens of people who are interested in the job…. But news of a national search sounds like  there are not. 

Edited by jchem1995

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,636
  • Days Won:  6

Does "commence a national search" mean hiring a search firm?  Certainly hope not as we don't need to pay anyone big bucks to entertain the obvious candidates as already identified on this board.  We'll need to use those funds to pay off all the past coaches we've had to relieve of their duties.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  1

The fact that he fired him so quickly tells me they have a game plan in place to replace him. I believe it was absolutely the right move.
now they need a quality hire with some shops. If that means taking a little bit of a chance, I say go for it. In today’s college environment this program can be turned around overnight it’s just going to take proven leadership.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

6 minutes ago, MaBull said:

The fact that he fired him so quickly tells me they have a game plan in place to replace him. I believe it was absolutely the right move.
now they need a quality hire with some shops. If that means taking a little bit of a chance, I say go for it. In today’s college environment this program can be turned around overnight it’s just going to take proven leadership.

Would like to see a coach with HC experience. Perhaps even someone who still will  be coaching in March in the NCAAT or NIT.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Would like to see a coach with HC experience.

Where have I heard this before?

CBM better be taking notes. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, Sk00b said:

Where have I heard this before?

CBM better be taking notes. 

His only two major hires so far have been assistant coaches. There is no reason they cant work out, but in my opinion the safer route at this time for us is to hire someone with atleast some HC experience.