• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gregory Gone

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Kind of neat how we're extending this extension talk only to talk about how bad the extensions were and the extension comments are following suit.  Make sense?

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,408
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Kind of neat how we're extending this extension talk only to talk about how bad the extensions were and the extension comments are following suit.  Make sense?

WE talked about how bad it was at the time. You never extend the worse FBS  football coach in history and expect him to win.  The extensions are just getting worse and worse over time. This is practically the playbook on how to ruin a D1  athletic program at this point. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

13 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

WE talked about how bad it was at the time.

EXACTLY!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

The other Pitino...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,870
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, WWMJD said:

I get tired of the go around, but this is such a cop out. Many of us said these extensions were terrible ideas at the time. Extending losing coaches is not a good idea. Now with these buyouts looming, they look every bit as bad as those of us who called it at the time thought.

Outlaws schtick is bashing the extensions into oblivion and Trips is the consummate apologist for all the failure and why it is never the coaches or MK’s fault, it is the lack of boosters and fans, which have nothing to do with our lack of success due to piss poor leadership.  Everyone plays a role in keeping this board balanced and I have realized it is fruitless to converse with them about their redundancies. You can’t teach old dogs new tricks. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,408
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Outlaws schtick is bashing the extensions into oblivion and Trips is the consummate apologist for all the failure and why it is never the coaches or MK’s fault, it is the lack of boosters and fans, which have nothing to do with our lack of success due to piss poor leadership.  Everyone plays a role in keeping this board balanced and I have realized it is fruitless to converse with them about their redundancies. You can’t teach old dogs new tricks. 

It really is the  school administration leaders in athletic department, school presidents past and present, coaches and athletic directors fault for letting it get this bad though. They should be brown nosing the hell out of any fan that still supports the team financially under their failures. I am a BULL until I die but they make it really hard to watch and continue to donate my time and money. Even a  NIL  comes in the form of adult beverages or cash comes I am not changing my allegiance like some players about staying a BULL.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1