• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Board passes $22M for stadium design

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  25
  • Days Won:  0

I mentioned this in a different thread, but I think the student section should be Standing Room Only Wall like Orlando City.  

Also, we should look to at Soccer stadiums in-general for inspiration.  I find most new college football stadiums to be  cookie cutter, new stadiums in other sports do a better job of creating open concourses with the field visible.  

They are also designed up, not out which makes the higher levels feel closer to the field and helps keep in the crowd noise. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

6 hours ago, summmit07 said:

I mentioned this in a different thread, but I think the student section should be Standing Room Only Wall like Orlando City.  

This would be awesome.  It used to be fun to stand up and get rowdy.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

mclane-sept20-768x384.jpg

Don't need anything too much different than Baylor's stadium. Lots of seatbacks but also some bleacher seats for student/visitor sections. Shade setup around the entire stadium. A pretty large club section. A berm for big games when we want to pack in standing room tickets. There's is 45k, wouldn't take much to shrink its capacity by 5-10k if thats what we want.

http://stadiumdb.com/img/news/2022/03/05Alo01.jpg

Then take Hawaii's idea of extending the shade past the stadium to extend our shade past it in both sides giving the stadium the shape of the Bull horn logo from an aerial view. Put the gates below those extended shades so people are waiting in line covered from the conditions

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

Student standing section like soccer supporters...

Safe Standing & inclusion in Orlando: "Finally someone gets it" - Football  Supporters' AssociationMLS: The wild west of visiting supporter sections

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

20 hours ago, John Lewis said:

What time is your session?

11am

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

2 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

11am

Nice!!

Mine isn't until 3pm.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

It used to be fun to stand up and get rowdy.

It used to be fun before I got so old.  These days I can barely stand to pee.  I'll need wide, cushy seating if I am going to be lured into any new stadium.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

Agreed with accessible basic amenities - build in many POS systems for concessions and bathrooms with many urinals/stalls to reduce all time spent away from the field. 

Couple things that have not been mentioned and some that have which I would love - 

1. Design the stadium with the SPP/Water Street idea of everything should market itself. Murals/pictures and design elements that people will WANT to take pictures and tag themselves in on social media. This includes outside and inside the stadium. The large brass(?) bulls that are around campus (front/back of MSC) will be necessary, inside and outside. Make them accessible to be sat on for pictures. 

2. Outside the arena area inspired by thunder alley, where people without tickets (or a limited amount of time) can still watch the game and hear the crowd. Food trucks + natural tailgating can enhance this part. Maybe even a beer vendor outside the stadium. The entire campus should buzz with gameday similar to SEC stadiums/campuses. 

3. Couple people have mentioned a big standing area with tables similar to RJ in the endzones. I have spent a ton of time in those areas between quarters seeing and chatting with friends over the years. The palm trees and some big bulls instead of a pirate ship would be a nice "meet up" spot and make it easier for families/friends to attend games. 

4. Entrance to the stadium should be grand, with a nice wide walkway and the alumni-donated pavers on each side. Keep the tradition of the football team/cheerleaders/band/sundolls walking up the entrance into the stadium. 

5. Lower(er) level walls on the field. One of the best USF traditions is the team walking around after the game and shaking fans' hands. Let's take it to the next level by making it easier to meet the players, congratulate them and take pictures with them. (I think this should be a tradition for every USF sport post-game). 

6. As someone else mentioned - have a history walk from the beginning of USF football through "today" including the jerseys, key victories, joining new conferences, etc.

7. Integrated technology with the screens/wifi - similar to texting in birthdays and a twitter/IG feed that displays fan posts when tagging USF Athletics or USF FB accounts. 

8. TV's in the concourses. 

9. Water fountains. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

• Clemson has a graveyard where they put up tombstones of all the ranked road wins they have.
  • Florida State has the sod cemetery, where they keep the sod from all their big wins.
  • Ohio State has Buckeye Grove, where a tree is planted to honor a player everytime someone is a first team all american.

Things like this seem like an easy way to build tradition and have an area on campus people like to walk through on gameday. Not sure what our version could be. Maybe how we have those Bulls outside the MSC, every football player who is in the USF hall of fame gets a bull in an area outside the stadium dedicated to them? Pretty sure that list is just Anthony Henry, Blackwell, Selvie, and Flowers.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

Going along with the Mini-RJS idea, coupled with the Thunder Alley, we could probably design something that takes design cues from all of the Tampa Bay and its sports venues, add a little bit of our own flair, and make it awesome. Would be cool to showcase inspired-by design details linked to other parts of the city/sports venues as well. How cool would a concourse inspired by the Riverwalk be? Maybe an open campus-facing deck similar to the Budweiser deck at Amalie? Open endzone area of concessions similar to RJ? 

Kinda ranting right now but so pumped for our own OCS. Please excuse me if this is crazy talk lol.