• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  330
  • Days Won:  0

Well, Baseball just got crushed by Northeastern 15-3 in 7 innings. 10 run rule to fall to 3 - 7.

Pitching is beyond pathetic! Like I said, surprised Mohl did not get more pitching from transfer portal or JUCO. None of the young guys have improved.

Fire Billy Mohl! 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,132
  • Days Won:  56

His tenure is certainly turning out to be an odd one. He had a good year one with the team put in place by Mark Kingston (see: Charlie Strong). Then he had two magical weeks at the end of an otherwise forgettable 2021 season. But NOTHING else. It’s early, but this sure doesn’t have the look of a team that’s going to be able to hold up. Take away that 7-run ninth at UF and . . . 

Sure does feel like he’ll probably be remembered like Stan Heath - one great run during one season, but that’s all. And I’m definitely with you on the pitching and relying on just bringing in freshmen. He obviously thought at least Grause and Cebert - maybe Dietz - were going to make a good jump between their freshman and sophomore years. So far, Grause and Dietz have been throwing batting practice. Cebert looked solid vs. UF but then got knocked around in relief against FAU.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,132
  • Days Won:  56

5 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

Why do we sport? Lol

This guy, I guess.  🙂

AF6BCEEE-0450-4336-B406-EA7412D03018.jpeg

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

35 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Well, Baseball just got crushed by Northeastern 15-3 in 7 innings. 10 run rule to fall to 3 - 7.

Pitching is beyond pathetic! Like I said, surprised Mohl did not get more pitching from transfer portal or JUCO. None of the young guys have improved.

Fire Billy Mohl! 

Not Billy's fault. Put this one on me. First time I've been out of the house, other than groceries and doctor appts, since my wife's accident. My daughter stayed here with my wife and I went to the game with my son-in-law and one of my grandsons. But my success with women's sports continues since softball run ruled Rhode Island. 

Cantu dropped a pop up near the fence down the 1st base line which would have been the 3rd out. 2 pitches later a 3 run homer with more to follow in the inning.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  393
  • Days Won:  0

We are a Florida school. Shouldn't we dominate schools from northern cold winter climates like Northeastern? I assume Mohl was  given a contract extension a couple of years ago by Michael Kelly like every South Florida coach. Another example of a terrible decision by our vice president of athletics. Most likely Mohl won;t be fired anytime soon. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,991
  • Days Won:  12

Yikes

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

This one ain't on Billy.  Anyone that saw this game live knows that drop by 33 changed the entire game.  That being said we should probably be 2-8 aside from a miracle 7 run 9th in Gatorville.  Pitching is an issue.  I've said it all year and tonight was no exception

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Bullcocky said:

Why do we sport? Lol

Depending on your definitions of compete and entertainment , maybe we don’t 

noun
  1. 1. 
    an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

10 hours ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Fire Billy Mohl! 

You don't fire a coach two weeks into a season.