• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF MBB Postseason Bound?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

Hear me out. 

Right now we are 13-16

Beat Tulsa, because they are bad: 14-16

Beat Wichita State which will be tough on the road, but very possible: 15-16

Win 1, lose 1 in the AAC tournament: 16-17

Requirements to make the CBI field:

1. Not be in the NCAA Tournament: check

2. Not be in the NIT Tournament: check

3. Pay the CBI people $50,000: check

That's it. Obviously, they will want the best 16 teams that meet those three criteria. With the whole tournament in Daytona, having Florida teams may help ticket sales. 

Maybe even another similar MBB team from Florida might be there too, but I'm not worried about them, because we already beat them twice. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we have to  pay to play?  hmmm sounds like prostitution

we need to have pride and self awareness.

we stink and we shouldnt be in any post season tournament

i dont think we will be the one of the best 16 teams in any event

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,517
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, smazza said:

we have to  pay to play?  hmmm sounds like prostitution

we need to have pride and self awareness.

we stink and we shouldnt be in any post season tournament

i dont think we will be the one of the best 16 teams in any event

You are not considering the return on investment, regardless of the record.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

11 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Hear me out. 

Right now we are 13-16

Beat Tulsa, because they are bad: 14-16

Beat Wichita State which will be tough on the road, but very possible: 15-16

Win 1, lose 1 in the AAC tournament: 16-17

Requirements to make the CBI field:

1. Not be in the NCAA Tournament: check

2. Not be in the NIT Tournament: check

3. Pay the CBI people $50,000: check

That's it. Obviously, they will want the best 16 teams that meet those three criteria. With the whole tournament in Daytona, having Florida teams may help ticket sales. 

Maybe even another similar MBB team from Florida might be there too, but I'm not worried about them, because we already beat them twice. 

If this happens I would be on board for Gregory to stay another year. Wichita State is not that good this year. Weren't we up 12 points on them in the first game before blowing the lead. Time for a bit of revenge. Not sure how the tournament works and who we are likely to play in the first round. But the tournament gives us the opportunity to finally beat a team we are not supposed to. We haven't really had a surprise win so far this year

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

18 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

If this happens I would be on board for Gregory to stay another year. Wichita State is not that good this year. Weren't we up 12 points on them in the first game before blowing the lead. Time for a bit of revenge. Not sure how the tournament works and who we are likely to play in the first round. But the tournament gives us the opportunity to finally beat a team we are not supposed to. We haven't really had a surprise win so far this year

We will not get a top 6 seed, as an 8-10 Wichita State would hold the tiebreaker over us thanks to their win over Tulane. We could be anywhere from the 7th to the 9th seed. Tulsa locked up the 11 seed awhile ago, SMU looks destined to finish 10th with their final two against Memphis and Cincy. ECU has to play Tulane twice and then at UCF. That looks like 1-2 for them at best and would have them at #9. UCF has to play at Temple and against ECU. If they lose to Temple, and we beat Tulsa (we had better), then it would come down to the final games against WSU and ECU to determine the 7/8 seed. If we finish tied with them, we would win the tiebreaker. 

We are most likely playing ECU or SMU in the first round. Depending on seeding, we would then play Houston or Memphis, although it is conceivable that Tulane wins out and Memphis loses to Houston and possibly even SMU and would fall to the #3 seed. I like our chances against Tulane better than Houston or Memphis. 

Edited by BullyPulpit

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

Isn't the CBI still sponsored by Roman?  If not, I'm not sure if the team could get up for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Days Won:  5

With all the negativity on this years team , some of it justafied, because we all see that this teams record should have been better but...we were predicted to finish second from last.  We will be way above that. might even get to the 6/7 seed which can make for an easier path as long as you avoid Houston.  With all that I understand where we have been, but I do think we should give it 1 more year.  Don't want to lose Conwell, Miguel etc.  Hate the always starting over process.  Unless its Pitino lets see what next year brings before we cut the cord

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

46 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

With all the negativity on this years team , some of it justafied, because we all see that this teams record should have been better but...we were predicted to finish second from last.  We will be way above that. might even get to the 6/7 seed which can make for an easier path as long as you avoid Houston.  With all that I understand where we have been, but I do think we should give it 1 more year.  Don't want to lose Conwell, Miguel etc.  Hate the always starting over process.  Unless its Pitino lets see what next year brings before we cut the cord

This is year 6 ..... be a different story in year 3 maybe

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

You are not considering the return on investment, regardless of the record.

The ROI last time was a hyped up team over the offseason and then falling flat on our face the next season

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

We could be anywhere from the 7th to the 9th seed. 

A number 7 seed would be amazing for this team.  With all the moaning and groaning this year, for them to be ahead of 4 other teams in the conference would be pretty unBULLeivable.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1