• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When will the AAC football schedule dates be out?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

One g5 spot is guaranteed. 11/12 could be power 5.

Your post wasn't clear on that .....

They have not said every g5 conference gets a bid in writing signed and delivered, This could be the next NIL deal to screw every non-elite program or power conference over,

I have no idea what any of that means ....

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,539
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Your post wasn't clear on that .....

I have no idea what any of that means ....

This could be just like the NIL was sold to the fans and players to help them. All it really did was separate the power programs buying players from the G5.  If we got to a  12 playoff team playoff system there is not guarantee they are letting multiple g5 teams in. It would allow more power conferences and big money programs Notre Dame to sneak teams in every year. This would allow the big programs and power conferences to earn more money and separate even further from the g5 teams. I do not see a 12 team playoff team with 3 or more g5 schools getting on a regular basis.  It will be more than likely one or if you are lucky two g5 schools getting in.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,475
  • Days Won:  13

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

One g5 spot is guaranteed. 11/12 could be power 5. They have not said every g5 conference gets a bid in writing signed and delivered, This could be the next NIL deal to screw every non-elite program or power conference over,

Right. One G5 is guaranteed. No one ever said that al five of the G5 get bids.

One.

The rest will absolutely be Power 5.  No way around that unless, somehow, the Mountain West and AAC both have 13-0 teams and the P5 conferences have a lot of 2-loss teams outside of their champions.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

This could be just like the NIL was sold to the fans and players to help them. All it really did was separate the power programs buying players from the G5.  If we got to a  12 playoff team playoff system there is not guarantee they are letting multiple g5 teams in. It would allow more power conferences and big money programs Notre Dame to sneak teams in every year. This would allow the big programs and power conferences to earn more money and separate even further from the g5 teams. I do not see a 12 team playoff team with 3 or more g5 schools getting on a regular basis.  It will be more than likely one or if you are lucky two g5 schools getting in.

Got it. The separation has been there and will continue to be there, probably even widening. It is what it is. The guarantee of at least one G5 getting into the playoffs each year is probably just a bone being thrown right now but I'll take it ........ however, I'm gonna wait until we actual are in the conversation again about winning the conference before worrying about playoffs.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,539
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Got it. The separation has been there and will continue to be there, probably even widening. It is what it is. The guarantee of at least one G5 getting into the playoffs each year is probably just a bone being thrown right now but I'll take it ........ however, I'm gonna wait until we actual are in the conversation again about winning the conference before worrying about playoffs.

Feelings Playoffs GIF - Feelings Playoffs - Discover & Share GIFs
I would be excited with a bowl, winning season, or a top 25 win at this state of the team.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,420
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Feelings Playoffs GIF - Feelings Playoffs - Discover & Share GIFs
I would be excited with a bowl, winning season, or a top 25 win at this state of the team.

Coach Jim Mora’s Playoffs! Response will never stop being funny. I will continue to use it until USF makes the playoffs..

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Even though this thread has shifted away from the original question, I do think it’s kind of ridiculous that they can’t get the schedule out by now, and nearly every other conference has theirs out. I know it’s the same time every year but it’s kind of crazy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

I believe that the AAC schedule has typically been released the week after signing day.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

The few thousand die hard usf fans will show up to watch us play anybody. Nobody else is going to care about this team with this schedule. Win out and it doesn't move the needle. Really, the people in this board and a few more diehards are all that matter. We graduate more gator and Seminole fans than bulls fans. We don't even have any best writers or anybody that covers this team outside of the daily stampede and they are just fans. We're as obscure as it gets and will remain that way until we get into a better conference and playing teams people have heard of.  With that said, winning and winning often is how we will get there. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the best g5 team will get in and thats it

the gulf is widening