• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When will the AAC football schedule dates be out?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

SMU

Memphis

Tulane

These programs have the same conference opponents we have

And if they outdraw us in attendance we'll have no business saying we should be in line for realignment. 

You don't buy a ticket to see the other team play. You come to see the Bulls. You come because we need to be the crown jewel of this conference. 

If your kid is in a play you don't sit it out because it's not Broadway. You support your kid. In turn that support could be the thing that propels them to Broadway. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

4 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

When 2024 season starts we will just need to be the champion of one of the top 6 conferences to earn a spot in 12 team playoffs. Life is good!!

a good deal and I like our chances for it to happen soon

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,519
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, Bull Awakening said:

When 2024 season starts we will just need to be the champion of one of the top 6 conferences to earn a spot in 12 team playoffs. Life is good!!

I would not be shocked if it 11 power 5 teams most of them from SEC/BIG10 and maybe one g5 team if they are lucky enough to be undefeated or one loss team with multiple top 25 wins.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, hm101 said:

SMU

Memphis

Tulane

These programs have the same conference opponents we have

And if they outdraw us in attendance we'll have no business saying we should be in line for realignment. 

You don't buy a ticket to see the other team play. You come to see the Bulls. You come because we need to be the crown jewel of this conference. 

If your kid is in a play you don't sit it out because it's not Broadway. You support your kid. In turn that support could be the thing that propels them to Broadway. 

We outdrew all those teams last year and most G5 schools all.  Buying a ticket to see the other team play isn't really the point

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

A downgrade in programs, absolutely, just don't think there are many, if any, USF fans that come to see Cincy that don't come to see all the other AAC games ....... could be wrong.

I don't think it is a matter of going to see the other teams ... it's a matter of playing good, relevant teams to keep the excitement up.  It also helps to promote your product and bring in the more casual fan.  Dominating whoever you play helps too, but we just keep playing further and further down to our "competition".

Edited by olafberserker

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

I don't think it is a matter of going to see the other teams ... it's a matter of playing good, relevant teams to keep the excitement up.  It also helps to promote your product and bring in the more casual fan.  Dominating whoever you play helps too, but we just keep playing further and further down to our "competition".

Can't disagree with any of that but what started this was someone acting like USF fans wouldn't come to see USF play Rice and UNCC when reality is they're no different than the majority of the AAC (I tweaked that a little) we've been playing for years and that wouldn't really affect us much in that regard.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

I would not be shocked if it 11 power 5 teams most of them from SEC/BIG10 and maybe one g5 team if they are lucky enough to be undefeated or one loss team with multiple top 25 wins.

You do realize that under the 12 team playoff, a G5 is guaranteed a spot every year ......?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/3/2023 at 7:05 PM, belgianbull said:

Yes I agree, the schedule has already been watered down with UCF, Houston, and Cincy leaving, but is has been watered down even more with us not playing Tulane  and ECU. The AAC should have added 3 teams instead of 6 teams.

The good news is that Charlotte and Rice at home  gives us opportunities to get some wins

I think this is by design.  Tbh I want to play the 7 weakest teams possible next season.  That’s not going to be Tulane or ecu.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I think there’ll be many sec teams in but the big 10 needs to step up their game, they have big names/branding but I don’t see them getting more than 2 into the playoff with how poor they play lately.  Maybe 3 if pedo state only loses to Michigan and Ohio state.  The big 12 is a better football playing conference than the big 10 these days.  

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,519
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

You do realize that under the 12 team playoff, a G5 is guaranteed a spot every year ......?

One g5 spot is guaranteed. 11/12 could be power 5. They have not said every g5 conference gets a bid in writing signed and delivered, This could be the next NIL deal to screw every non-elite program or power conference over,

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1