• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When will the AAC football schedule dates be out?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

Ugh seeing the schedule makes it worse. I wonder how attendance doesn't fall off a cliff...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

It's on Coach to turn us into a conference championship contender. It's the only way. 

This is Conference USA. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

27 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

A quote from an email trying to confirm a date for a USF Club softball/baseball double header on 4/28/23

"This past week was add/relocation for Football Season Ticket Members and I was swamped all week." 

Preston Heeren

Sales Consultant
University of South Florida Athletics

Lee Roy Selmon Athletics Center

4202 E. Fowler Avenue ATH 100 | Tampa, FL 33620

O: (813) 974-3645 | pwheeren@usf.edu  | 0?ui=2&ik=959106d46a&attid=0.3&permmsgid=msg-f:1758449156471523391&th=18674430ef12083f&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_gw43gMk3xwN9AVNr54X5PLxjJncstcEPkkOrbK7FC3kGjf6DmkK0oFy9zEKih7t2s4LXxuCbvielj4EXHbWJ22Pv09WYind7DdDCZMapByM-vLjZ8d7uiz1o&disp=emb @pwheerenUSF

Swamped? I thought they fixed the leak in the men's bathroom in the Hardwood Club weeks ago.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454

15 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Ugh seeing the schedule makes it worse. I wonder how attendance doesn't fall off a cliff...

It won’t, only because there is no cliff to fall from any longer but your sentiments are correct. Even when 1-11 terrible, playing nationally recognizable teams provides reason to attend. This slate of opponents, even if winning, is going to be a tough sell.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347

24 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

It won’t, only because there is no cliff to fall from any longer but your sentiments are correct. Even when 1-11 terrible, playing nationally recognizable teams provides reason to attend. This slate of opponents, even if winning, is going to be a tough sell.

Oh I'm sure they can get attendance well into the teens, if not this season then next. I think the Rice game will be pretty telling.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

20 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Oh I'm sure they can get attendance well into the teens, if not this season then next. I think the Rice game will be pretty telling.

Much rather go 9-3 with this schedule than 1-11 with what we had. I just want to see Bulls win games. Watching “name teams” run us out of stadium by halftime wasn’t much fun.

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

11 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I hear ya. I’m not a crowd attendance volume expert but as someone who has attended nearly every home game since the late 2000s, I personally think the ~30k average attendance figure that has been published is bs. I can say with certainty that my section (108) has never had more open seats (entire rows) than last season. So I’m not sure what the real attendance figure is, but I find it potentially telling that the draft design for the OCS is 35k seats. Wouldn’t seem to leave much room to welcome back all of the lost fans if we were truly averaging 30k today. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329

One of the reasons that I chose usf in 2006 was big time college football. I've watched every game since then and attended many of them even after the big east fell apart because I was hoping that we would get back on the big stage. I might hang around for a few more years to see if we get back there. After that though, I might still support the university but start following another football program because usf playing these teams doesn't really do anything for me. I want to follow a school that I can join in discussions with other fans about and have big time games and rivalries. 

19 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Much rather go 9-3 with this schedule than 1-11 with what we had. I just want to see Bulls win games. Watching “name teams” run us out of stadium by halftime wasn’t much fun.

No it wasn’t but I’d still disagree. I don’t think 9-3 is going to feel all that great, nor get much recognition, if/when it’s achieved against lesser competition. May be it’s just me but losing a competitive game against a somebody (Florida) is more appealing than beating a nobody in a game with no real significance (say against Rice this season). Obviously, we have no choice for the foreseeable future, but attendance will suffer IMO until that’s remedied.