• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

When will the AAC football schedule dates be out?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Debating on WKU staying in Nashville or Annapolis.  Decisions decisions.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

13 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Look I understand that we have dropped from our high of being in Big East, but really some of you are acting like spoiled children.

I went to USF when we didn’t have football, heck we didn’t even play basketball on campus until my senior year. We played in the SunBelt conference vs UAB, South Alabama, Jacksonville etc. we won and we had 5-7k in the SunDome.

We tried to start football in my junior year, a Division 3 program, because our administration and athletics didn’t want anything to do with it.

When we finally got a team, we played FCS and then CUSA and we had nice crowds when we won and no we didn’t play SEC nor ACC teams at home.

I am a Bulls fan and I will support my team regardless of what conference it is in, because I know that not too long ago we would have been excited just to have a team.

I know that if we built the OCS and we start winning again, we will move up. So yes I’m tired of all this BS that we are too good to be with current AAC teams, if we are then we should start beating them and winning conference titles. Until that happens we are were we deserve to be.

I’m with you 1000%! Our schedule is our schedule. Go support the Bulls. Build that stadium. Let’s see what happens. I hate using them as an example, but it’s completely relevant. When we jumped Oviedo CC and left them in a watered down CUSA, they didn’t pack it in. They invested, won league titles and made a name. We see how that turned out. Now it’s our turn to right that wrong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  168
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Look I understand that we have dropped from our high of being in Big East, but really some of you are acting like spoiled children.

I went to USF when we didn’t have football, heck we didn’t even play basketball on campus until my senior year. We played in the SunBelt conference vs UAB, South Alabama, Jacksonville etc. we won and we had 5-7k in the SunDome.

We tried to start football in my junior year, a Division 3 program, because our administration and athletics didn’t want anything to do with it.

When we finally got a team, we played FCS and then CUSA and we had nice crowds when we won and no we didn’t play SEC nor ACC teams at home.

I am a Bulls fan and I will support my team regardless of what conference it is in, because I know that not too long ago we would have been excited just to have a team.

I know that if we built the OCS and we start winning again, we will move up. So yes I’m tired of all this BS that we are too good to be with current AAC teams, if we are then we should start beating them and winning conference titles. Until that happens we are were we deserve to be.

Maybe we should consider holding off one year and use a couple of Million to buy a team,. Then we could have enough fans to build a real stadium.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

14 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

You sound like one of us alumni relics who went to USF when dinosaurs roamed the campus.  For those like me who have lived through more than a half century of USF athletics fandom with far too few bright moments, we have perhaps become a little more stoic and would just love to see more than a couple of wins per season whomever is across the line of scrimmage from us and whether the games are played in an NFL-quality stadium in central Tampa or a proposed on-campus experimental space ship.   

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

2 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

You sound like one of us alumni relics who went to USF when dinosaurs roamed the campus.  For those like me who have lived through more than a half century of USF athletics fandom with far too few bright moments, we have perhaps become a little more stoic and would just love to see more than a couple of wins per season whomever is across the line of scrimmage from us and whether the games are played in an NFL-quality stadium in central Tampa or a proposed on-campus experimental space ship.   

I agree with this, also. The schedule won’t hinder me putting my cheeks in the seat, but the product on the field already has. The same thing goes in the YC. I don’t need a league champ every year, but I sure need to feel like we have a chance to win every time I enter the building. If I don’t have that feeling, you’re just wasting my time.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

I call upon Bulls Nation to make a Navy game pilgrimage.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, BullsWinBucsWin said:

Debating on WKU staying in Nashville or Annapolis.  Decisions decisions.

If it is an either/or choice, have you been to either of them?  If you haven't - do Annapolis. Go to the Academy on Friday where they assemble, I believe, at noon.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,140
  • Days Won:  39

29 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

cheeks in the seat

#allthecheeks

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

If it is an either/or choice, have you been to either of them?  If you haven't - do Annapolis. Go to the Academy on Friday where they assemble, I believe, at noon.  

It's pretty awesome.  Trying to get a bigger group this time.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

24 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:
26 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

It's pretty awesome.  Trying to get a bigger group this time.

Totally agree.  Have been twice and enjoyed it immensely both times.  The town and the Academy are great to tour.  Considering a return trip this year as well.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

57 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I call upon Bulls Nation to make a Navy game pilgrimage.

I was really looking forward to this, but this is rumored to be opening weekend of the MGS Sphere in Vegas with U2 headlining .........