• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So our game with NCState is moved and . . .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

If this becomes a trend this is bad news for USF. Having home games against Power 5 teams replaced with home games against Group of 5 teams will mean lower attendance figures for those particular games; which means less money for us.

This $320 million dollar stadium is looking like a better and better investment. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

This $320 million dollar stadium is looking like a better and better investment. 

It's hard for me to understand anyone who doesn't believe it's a good idea.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, Dave_Glaser said:

I'm a tough guy to understand. But quickly, we are in a crap conference. There is absolutely no guarantee that changes with a stadium especially reading all the stuff in this (or one of the other threads). With my wife bed bound I'm checking quickly. The students won't show up no matter the place. Too many other schools with crappy attendance and on campus stadiums to list. And I always point back to the Yuengling Center being on campus and drawing a whopping 200 - 500 students per game. I just think it is a waste of money.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm a tough guy to understand. But quickly, we are in a crap conference. There is absolutely no guarantee that changes with a stadium especially reading all the stuff in this (or one of the other threads). With my wife bed bound I'm checking quickly. The students won't show up no matter the place. Too many other schools with crappy attendance and on campus stadiums to list. And I always point back to the Yuengling Center being on campus and drawing a whopping 200 - 500 students per game. I just think it is a waste of money.  

We'll see. I think it completely changes the culture on campus. Basketball is not football in Florida.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

13 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We'll see. I think it completely changes the culture on campus. Basketball is not football in Florida.

Plus it might be a pre-requisite for us to get into a Power 5 conference. I don't think its by chance that plans of an OCS came soon after we were left behind by UCF, Cincy, and Houston.

If the OCS helps us get into a major conference it will be worth every penny

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  1

Crazy how we get on these forums to discuss athletics and somehow people think investing in athletics is a losing proposition.  Weird to expect marquee matchups, fan support, and championships without investment. It's time USF grows out of the football infancy phase and moves from the crib to our very own big-boy bed. 

Want to continue to slide towards irrelevance? Don't invest in athletics.  

Edited by USF_Bullsharks
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,448
  • Days Won:  19

36 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:
46 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I too am skeptical, although I think there is a way USF and other local government and business entities could successfully package the OCS with a broader-purpose community improvement project that combines public performance/convention venue and transit elements (about which I have pontificated in detail before , so I won't repeat it here).  That said, as long as they aren't spending my money on this bright shiny object, merry Christmas.

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,471
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Crazy how we get on these forums to discuss athletics and somehow people think investing in athletics is a losing proposition.  Weird to expect marquee matchups, fan support, and championships without investment. It's time USF grows out of the football infancy phase and moves from the crib to our very own big-boy bed. 

Want to continue to slide towards irrelevance? Don't invest in athletics.  

I think some on here are questioning whether we will slide towards irrelevance regardless of investment.  While we are certainly going to slide that way without investment, there's no actual proof or evidence that making investment will change the relevance.

Those of us who support making the investment (building the stadium and the other facilities planned) to push for a change, are doing so as an act of faith.  Faith that powers that be know more than we do... that watching others make that investment lead to advancement.  However, none of us on this forum can point to anything that says "if you build it they will come."

So we are faced with two choices: don't invest with a near certainty that USF will be left behind -- or invest with a smaller chance that USF gets ahead.

Personally, I choose the latter.

Edited by Jim Johnson
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

Plus it might be a pre-requisite for us to get into a Power 5 conference. I don't think its by chance that plans of an OCS came soon after we were left behind by UCF, Cincy, and Houston.

If the OCS helps us get into a major conference it will be worth every penny

It’s time to build one whether it gets us  into a P5 or not. There is college football outside of the P5’s but I understand that some don’t acknowledge that. I just hope that there’s enough that don’t feel that way and appreciate USF football for USF football going forward no matter where it is. 

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,379
  • Days Won:  43

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I agree. Glad we will finally see it become reality around 2026 or 2027. If we are still stuck playing in RJS we are screwed lol