• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So our game with NCState is moved and . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm a tough guy to understand. But quickly, we are in a crap conference. There is absolutely no guarantee that changes with a stadium especially reading all the stuff in this (or one of the other threads). With my wife bed bound I'm checking quickly. The students won't show up no matter the place. Too many other schools with crappy attendance and on campus stadiums to list. And I always point back to the Yuengling Center being on campus and drawing a whopping 200 - 500 students per game. I just think it is a waste of money.  

To me it is a waste of money playing in RJS. 

Edited by Bull Awakening

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,169
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

It’s time to build one whether it gets us  into a P5 or not. There is college football outside of the P5’s but I understand that some don’t acknowledge that. I just hope that there’s enough that don’t feel that way and appreciate USF football for USF football going forward no matter where it is. 

Bingo. I'm going to that new on-campus stadium every Saturday whether we're playing Miami or FAU, NC State or Charlotte, Alabama or UAB, Texas or UNT. Maybe those who aren't actual alums of USF will feel differently. I get that. For them, it's big-time or no thanks. But going back to walk the campus where I spent four years, and my daughter spent four years, to watch a game in our own stadium, with our own colors, our own everything? Count me in every weekend until I can't do it anymore - regardless of the level of football.

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

It’s time to build one whether it gets us  into a P5 or not. There is college football outside of the P5’s but I understand that some don’t acknowledge that. I just hope that there’s enough that don’t feel that way and appreciate USF football for USF football going forward no matter where it is. 

I agree a 100 percent, and I will be watching and supporting USF athletics whether we are in a power 5 conference or not. Personally I would rather be the next Boise State than Rutgers. Success is possible outside the Power 5. However, it would be in USF's best interest to be in a Power 5 conference. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm fine with an OCS. But maybe an erector set like C. My concern is the price tag. We've probably donated and committed as much over the years as almost anyone on this Board. Always thought our donations were to things that were reasonable and needed; baseball, IPF. I'm just not feeling this. Seems like we're investing in a stadium when maybe the money should be going to players. And when saying that I recognize the players aren't being paid directly by the school. I'm talking my, and other donors money, going toward NIL deals. Just seems like we're a decade behind. You guys go ahead and donate all you want to the OCS. We are withholding judgement on that for now.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

2 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I agree a 100 percent, and I will be watching and supporting USF athletics whether we are in a power 5 conference or not. Personally I would rather be the next Boise State than Rutgers. Success is possible outside the Power 5. However, it would be in USF's best interest to be in a Power 5 conference. 

Exactly! To me with the 12 team playoffs starting it will be more like the top 6 conferences each season. That will give AAC a better opportunity moving forward. OCS will be important now that we see how Tulane & UAB have developed…

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,711
  • Days Won:  424

56 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm fine with an OCS. But maybe an erector set like C. My concern is the price tag. We've probably donated and committed as much over the years as almost anyone on this Board. Always thought our donations were to things that were reasonable and needed; baseball, IPF. I'm just not feeling this. Seems like we're investing in a stadium when maybe the money should be going to players. And when saying that I recognize the players aren't being paid directly by the school. I'm talking my, and other donors money, going toward NIL deals. Just seems like we're a decade behind. You guys go ahead and donate all you want to the OCS. We are withholding judgement on that for now.

Totally get that. Everyone has their own perspective on this and you're obviously not alone with that thinking. It's just one of the obstacles I think they're facing and just hoping that the donor base has expanded enough to overcome it and get this done. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

On 1/31/2023 at 2:23 PM, Bull Awakening said:

Fo sho.  And a waste of soul.

On 1/31/2023 at 2:23 PM, Bull Awakening said:

Fo sho.  And a waste of soul.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

So no 1AA(FCS) teams . . .

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

17 minutes ago, E.T. said:

So no 1AA(FCS) teams . . .

The ACC still wants those games, they just don't want their schools on the road to G5 opponents. They will still play G5, just not on the road. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

30 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

The ACC still wants those games, they just don't want their schools on the road to G5 opponents. They will still play G5, just not on the road. 

Its just a matter of time until they phase out these games completely or drastically reduce the number of these games against Group of 5 teams. With the 12 team playoff strength of schedule will become more important