• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Thank you, USF hoops

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,613
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Trip - true if they had been pressing or trapping all game, but they did very little of it, until the last 4 minutes, where they did it every possession they could (long rebounds where we got up court before they could get into the trap was the exception). I'll eventually ask coach if I am crazy on this, but it had the feel of a lack of appreciation that we decided we weren't going to win by 50 and we were nice to them. 

I could be wrong, but that is how I saw it. 

Didn't comprehend it was only 4 minutes, does make a bit of a difference. Would be interesting to hear both coaches take on it ...

• Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,126
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

Let me call out c's WBB coach. We are up around 30, Jose mercifully empties our bench, and c decides its time to start trapping and pressing. We take a step to limit their humiliation and they play different than they did the whole game to try to make our bench look bad. It is a bad look. I sort of miss Willie Taggart, this is exactly the sort of thing that would make him run up the score. 

(our bench handed the c trap well, by the way)

It's just part of their "culture" over there. She obviously fits right in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

Let me call out c's WBB coach. We are up around 30, Jose mercifully empties our bench, and c decides its time to start trapping and pressing. We take a step to limit their humiliation and they play different than they did the whole game to try to make our bench look bad. It is a bad look. 

From my trips to the UCF for sporting events our ladies were lucky if the Knights didn't start rummaging through their pockets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Sweet sweet basketball weekend 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  603
  • Content Count:  16,388
  • Days Won:  43

4 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

"If you try to score on us, we are going to try and score on you" - CWT putting frost in his place in the post game conference after scoring with 12 seconds left in a 2-score game. Put a tear of joy in my eye. 

I vaguely remember CWT & UCiF coach almost coming to blows after the game for the post game handshakes lol

• Crying 1

• Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,513
  • Days Won:  10

I liked the way we recognized the national championship that our cheerleaders won so they could see what a real one looks like.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

Let me call out c's WBB coach. We are up around 30, Jose mercifully empties our bench, and c decides its time to start trapping and pressing. We take a step to limit their humiliation and they play different than they did the whole game to try to make our bench look bad. It is a bad look. I sort of miss Willie Taggart, this is exactly the sort of thing that would make him run up the score. 

(our bench handed the c trap well, by the way)

9 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

"If you try to score on us, we are going to try and score on you" - CWT putting frost in his place in the post game conference after scoring with 12 seconds left in a 2-score game. Put a tear of joy in my eye. 

IIRC the pressing may have started before the subs but once the subs came in she should have called off the dogs.

And, I didn't pay close attention, were their starters still in at the time?  If so, a really bad look.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,126
  • Days Won:  56

The only thing I think I’ll miss about playing them is our DJ in the Dome playing “When You Wish Upon A Star” when Oviedo CC comes on the floor for warmups. Genius. And was it music from the Haunted Mansion when them came back out after halftime on Saturday? I think it was.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,730
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

our bench handed the c trap well, by the way

Our bench kicked their butts at the end. It was so nice to witness. 😁🤘

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

25 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

The only thing I think I’ll miss about playing them is our DJ in the Dome playing “When You Wish Upon A Star” when Oviedo CC comes on the floor for warmups. Genius. And was it music from the Haunted Mansion when them came back out after halftime on Saturday? I think it was.

It was an instrumental version of Let It Go during their introduction. 

Edited by BullyPulpit
  • Haha 1