• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andrew Warsaw - Associate AD/Chief of Staff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957
  • Days Won:  1

I don’t think can be overlooked. For anyone wondering if this is the same old Bulls, think again. Warsaw’s resume speaks for itself and the experience and contacts are on another level. Coach Golesh is bringing young aggressive coaches and a sincerity and energy we have been clamoring for. I was bummed to miss out on Deion, but I love everything that CoG is doing and it sounds like VPMK is giving all the tools he needs, including making hires like Warsaw. Brighter days are ahead Bulls Family, let’s keep our head up and get ready for positive changes!!

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 3

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

This is big. It shows a few things. First, Golesh really earned the trust and respect of the entire Tennessee Football operation. Second, Kelly is giving him the money and flexibility he needs to make the best hires possible. Finally, Tampa is a badass place to live and the weather and lack of state income tax are definitely factors in pulling people in. Remember, Cincy was reportedly going hard after Golesh before we hired him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Wow Tennessee's director of football ops for the last 3 years. According to this one of the best in the business at this too. Way better than the last guy hiring his dad as chief of staff

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-highly-regarded-andrew-warsaw-to-leave-vols-for-alex-goleshs-usf-staff

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

285202_20200218_FB_Headshots_MBN_002.jpg

updated July 2022 Andrew Warsaw, who owns 11 years of Power 5 and...

Good read

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

This is from the Tenn website:

https://utsports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/andrew-warsaw/4521

Andrew Warsaw, who owns 11 years of Power 5 and NFL operations experience, enters his third season as the director of football operations at Tennessee.

Warsaw manages the football program’s budget, coordinates travel and manages the day-to-day operations of the football building.

Warsaw came to Tennessee after spending the 2018 and 2019 seasons as the assistant athletic director for football operations at Mississippi State, where he managed and balanced the program's annual eight-figure operating budget and coordinated the daily and yearly football schedule.

Warsaw's other responsibilities included handling all phases of team travel and serving as the football program's liaison between the university, the athletic department and the Southeastern Conference. During his time at Mississippi State, Warsaw also played a major role in the planning and execution of the program's three bowl appearances -- 2017 TaxSlayer Bowl, 2019 Outback Bowl and 2019 Music City Bowl – as well the execution of numerous facility projects in the Leo Seal Jr. Football Complex.

Warsaw joined the Bulldogs in December 2017 and had previously served as the NFL’s director of game operations since December 2016. The Olney, Maryland, native coordinated team logistics and travel for international games as well as the Super Bowl. Warsaw oversaw all game day policies during the season and was based out of the league’s New York headquarters.

Prior to joining the NFL, Warsaw spent two seasons as the director of football operations at Purdue (2015-16) and three seasons as the operations coordinator at Arizona (2013-15). His duties included day-to-day operations, travel coordination, player personnel and recruiting logistics.

Warsaw also worked at Fordham (2012-13), the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (2011-12), Penn and Villanova. Penn was the 2010 Ivy League champions while he was there, and Villanova won the 2011 FCS national championship.

A 2009 graduate of West Virginia University, he spent four seasons as a student manager with the Mountaineers, helping to plan and prep for the 2006 Fiesta Bowl and the 2008 Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Warsaw resides in Knoxville with his wife, Ashley, and their three children - Aiden, Landon and Eli.

As an outsider, let me just say that even though this isn't nepotism, he's bringing in people from the last place he coached similar to what CJS did. Not like CJS came from some dumbass school. I hope you all are right but it sounds like budgeting, travel arrangements, some scheduling.  Not sure where the excitement is coming from.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

As an outsider, let me just say that even though this isn't nepotism, he's bringing in people from the last place he coached similar to what CJS did. Not like CJS came from some dumbass school. I hope you all are right but it sounds like budgeting, travel arrangements, some scheduling.  Not sure where the excitement is coming from.

LOL!! Compared to the other hires.... this might be the most exciting... that's saying something!

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957

25 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

This is from the Tenn website:

https://utsports.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/andrew-warsaw/4521

Andrew Warsaw, who owns 11 years of Power 5 and NFL operations experience, enters his third season as the director of football operations at Tennessee.

Warsaw manages the football program’s budget, coordinates travel and manages the day-to-day operations of the football building.

Warsaw came to Tennessee after spending the 2018 and 2019 seasons as the assistant athletic director for football operations at Mississippi State, where he managed and balanced the program's annual eight-figure operating budget and coordinated the daily and yearly football schedule.

Warsaw's other responsibilities included handling all phases of team travel and serving as the football program's liaison between the university, the athletic department and the Southeastern Conference. During his time at Mississippi State, Warsaw also played a major role in the planning and execution of the program's three bowl appearances -- 2017 TaxSlayer Bowl, 2019 Outback Bowl and 2019 Music City Bowl – as well the execution of numerous facility projects in the Leo Seal Jr. Football Complex.

Warsaw joined the Bulldogs in December 2017 and had previously served as the NFL’s director of game operations since December 2016. The Olney, Maryland, native coordinated team logistics and travel for international games as well as the Super Bowl. Warsaw oversaw all game day policies during the season and was based out of the league’s New York headquarters.

Prior to joining the NFL, Warsaw spent two seasons as the director of football operations at Purdue (2015-16) and three seasons as the operations coordinator at Arizona (2013-15). His duties included day-to-day operations, travel coordination, player personnel and recruiting logistics.

Warsaw also worked at Fordham (2012-13), the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (2011-12), Penn and Villanova. Penn was the 2010 Ivy League champions while he was there, and Villanova won the 2011 FCS national championship.

A 2009 graduate of West Virginia University, he spent four seasons as a student manager with the Mountaineers, helping to plan and prep for the 2006 Fiesta Bowl and the 2008 Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Warsaw resides in Knoxville with his wife, Ashley, and their three children - Aiden, Landon and Eli.

For me, it’s all part of the machine. To have a highly successful program, the foundation has to be solid. Everything and everybody has got to be on the same page and all details handled by the best people possible; this is what instills a culture of winning. When the players look at the each other, coaches, administrators, program heads and the president performing at a high level, that sets a precedence of excellence. When conference expansion goes again, they are not looking at just the record or coach or players, it’s the whole institution; not to mention the connections Warsaw has will benefit us at that time (even scheduling good schools). It’s a big picture hire that shouldn’t be overlooked. 

Edited by michibull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

Looks like a lot of bowl prep work -- the last guy must have been bored out of his mind with how little work there was to do the past three years.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I'm trying very hard to be optimistic, but the similarities to CJS is making me quezy.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

18 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I'm trying very hard to be optimistic, but the similarities to CJS is making me quezy.

Some of the other hires make me nervous but this one doesn’t seem Scott-like at all. Great resume for this guy.