• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF OCS, dream or reality

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone who has been to a game, other than UCF and perhaps another marquee matchup or two, over the last several seasons would know that there are not ~30k in attendance. They don’t even bother trying a green and gold chant any longer (because it’s so empty).

Lies, **** lies and statistics. —Twain

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

19 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I agree with most all you are saying. But bringing up crap location for Ray Jay when the Bucs fill it every Sunday and the Lightning fill an arena with no parking available shows that the other problems you mentioned are greater than the the stadium location. Even when USF was winning, as you mentioned, that same stadium was empty.

While I agree with you that Ray Jay is not in a crap location for some people; relative to being on campus it is. For freshman and sophomores living on campus, the ease of traveling to a game across campus is much easier. This helps a lot when your team goes through struggles, it’s no longer a burden to go to games for students. 

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

9 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Anyone who has been to a game, other than UCF and perhaps another marquee matchup or two, over the last several seasons would know that there are not ~30k in attendance. They don’t even bother trying a green and gold chant any longer (because it’s so empty).

Lies, **** lies and statistics. —Twain

I was at the homecoming game this year vs. Tulane and it had to be 30,000 or very close.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Forgot to add this is supposed to be a 35k stadium and apparently the presentation had seats, not bleachers. Take from that what you will

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, Hem said:

Forgot to add this is supposed to be a 35k stadium and apparently the presentation had seats, not bleachers. Take from that what you will

Shade and seats are great. If it is built to project crowd noise then it would hit my three wishes.

Is the design based on another stadium or is this somewhat unique?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Looks to me like "Best" has a small overhang on the visitor side for shading in the top half? At least the rendering shows some shaded seats in the upper section of the visitors as opposed to the "Better"

It's hard to tell without zooming in, but the "Best" render has some type of shade provider sticking out just above the visitor's side. It doesn't look sizeable to me, but it looks like that's where the top half of the section is getting their shade.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097

34 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

Is the design based on another stadium or is this somewhat unique?

There might be be some individual details shared like the stick light poles from SDSU, but the overall idea looks relatively unique to me.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,004
  • Days Won:  12

We have a new coach to help us win

We have a new stadium to help us with the game environment

Enough with the pity party. 

Eyes forward. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

6 hours ago, Hem said:

Tossing this out there in case it hasn’t been posted yet.  Looks like it won’t let me attach them all so I’ll do a couple posts. Hope that’s ok (Jk it won’t let me attach the others since they’re too big on their own)

6BCB1A7C-F549-4234-B897-9D11EA8E2D47.jpeg

I would very much be interested in seeing them in individual images if they are higher res individually. Hard to make a lot of the detail on the collage of them. Any chance you'd be willing to send the individuals through DM/email or something?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

Yeah, I mean, maybe it’s just the images, but those look terrible and doesn’t look like a Stadium at all