• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A 2-4-8 Three Season Forecast Approach..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, jjlovecub said:

Why? Because we haven't won in forever. Our defense was awful and our offense which was awesome lost most of its stars. This reverse mojo is going to net us 7 wins this year 😄

Plenty of teams turn things around the next year. Why can't we?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

It all comes down to coaching , coaching players up, getting the right recruits and transfers,  and game management skills that put you in a  place to close a game out.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

13 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

We can as long as our defense improves. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

We can as long as our defense improves. 

And the offense has to step up. I hope I’m wrong but I think we are underestimating the loss of Weaver Horne and BB among others

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,578
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/4/2022 at 11:24 AM, belgianbull said:

We can't really afford 2 more years of not having a winning season; especially in a weaker conference. I expect more conference realignment, and right now programs like Memphis and others are probably ahead of us. New coaches come in all the time and turn programs around in less time. That's why I am not a fan of the new hire since he has no HC experience and comes with training wheels.

Sure we can. ACC GoR last until 20someyhing, right?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

And the offense has to step up. I hope I’m wrong but I think we are underestimating the loss of Weaver Horne and BB among others

Offense was actually doing pretty well with Weaver not playing final 3 games..actually it was 2 but had only 1 reception vs SMU.

Losing Battie hurts... but a healthy Joiner and Powell and the UF transfer we should be ok at rb. 

Hopefully we have a speedster that can take place of Horn to stretch field.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,415
  • Days Won:  3

Really not worried about these guys. These are plug and play athletes at this point. Build in the trenches, hope your QB doesn't transfer and plug and play the RBs, WRs, etc. From the portal if they bail out. Hopefully, you retain some WRs for chemistry as the transfers get up to speed.

NFL seems to be the same way these days with WRs and RBs.

Edited by Sk00b

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Don’t know to put a newspaper article on here, but kind of neat one in today’s paper. Says Golesh is partly responsible for the UT qb stock not being higher in this years draft. Says he didn’t have to move in the pocket or go thru progressions because normally his presnap read was open.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

That is pretty neat. Does that mean the coaching staff did the reading of the defense and audibles from the sidelines... since they aren't crediting Hooker?  Only told him to make the throws...?

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

10 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

That is pretty neat. Does that mean the coaching staff did the reading of the defense and audibles from the sidelines... since they aren't crediting Hooker?  Only told him to make the throws...?

From my understanding the Golesh offense focuses on utilizing the extra wide hashes in college to space everything out and create a bunch of 1 on 1 matchups all over the field. Then they figure out the weakness of the defense they are playing and any mismatches that may play to their advantage, and then just spam the **** out of it in a hurry up offense so they don't have time to adjust.

Not only did Hooker not have to scramble or look past his first read, his first read would be wide open most the time. Even against Alabama. When Hyatt had 6 catches for 5 touchdowns and 207 yards vs Bama I think only 1 of those catches was contested, every other time he was just running free wide open against a Saban defense.

• Like 2