• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A 2-4-8 Three Season Forecast Approach..

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,672
  • Days Won:  424

13 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I see what you are saying since there is no doubt that 4 wins is better then 1 win, even considering a much weaker schedule.

However, after a good start where we showed significant progress in the first half of the season, in the second half of the season we would be back were we started. At the end of the season you always want to look at a progress report comparing where we started, middle of the season, and second half of the season. If we lose out we would have regressed significantly throughout the season.

Maybe should have broken down your question into 2 parts .....

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

We are at 4 wins right now, but if we lose out we would have ended the season going 1 and 6 in our last 7 games playing a bunch of teams that are ranked in the bottom 20 in the country. If that happens can we really call that meaningful progress?

No, not really ...

If that happens can we be content with Golesh's first year?

Absolutely .... 4 wins and other tangibles/intangibles have been a good first step in the building process.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,447
  • Days Won:  43

53 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I had a post prior to  the FAU game saying that they can't score points lol I think that made top 5 for "didn't age well"

Yeah think we heard of some crazy rumors regarding what is going on with that FAU coaching staff. Seems there is tons of bad blood coming from them. They hate us more than we hate them so they probably to this day still feel disrespected. So the running up the score BS was predictable from them 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

50 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yeah think we heard of some crazy rumors regarding what is going on with that FAU coaching staff. Seems there is tons of bad blood coming from them. They hate us more than we hate them so they probably to this day still feel disrespected. So the running up the score BS was predictable from them 

They scored like 20 or fewer pts in the last 4 games b4 playing us. 

9 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Yeah. They were highly motivated to kick USF’s butt which they basically did lol. That is ok. Think the media didn’t help by continuing to bug CAG regarding USF vs FAU rivalry questions lol. CAG basically dissed the whole idea that it was a rivalry which was funny. I could see how it would piss FAU off though. I’m looking forward to seeing USF run up the score against FAU next time 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,564
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Yeah. They were highly motivated to kick USF’s butt which they basically did lol. That is ok. Think the media didn’t help by continuing to bug CAG regarding USF vs FAU rivalry questions lol. CAG basically dissed the whole idea that it was a rivalry which was funny. I could see how it would piss FAU off though. I’m looking forward to seeing USF run up the score against FAU next time 

In addition to being 1-4, UAB had extra motivation as well by having like 100 kid cancer patient names on the back of their jerseys. There was no way them boys were going to disappoint those little kids. 

16 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

In addition to being 1-4, UAB had extra motivation as well by having like 100 kid cancer patient names on the back of their jerseys. There was no way them boys were going to disappoint those little kids. 

Good points. I don’t think I will be as upset losing to WKU, Bama, UAB, FAU, or Memphis as I would be upset if USF finds a way to lose to Temple. USF should be motivated enough to win this weekend to get those bowl chances in good standing. Im looking forward to seeing USF pull even at 5-5 this weekend. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I had a post prior to  the FAU game saying that they can't score points lol I think that made top 5 for "didn't age well"

To be fair the team is unpredictable.  If you want to zoom out you could say CFB is unpredictable.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,566
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Our defense has been a cure for most struggling offenses.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Crying 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,672
  • Days Won:  424

39 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Our defense has been a cure for most struggling offenses.

Which is why being too emotionally invested in a win over Temple may not be a wise play ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,566
  • Days Won:  25

30 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Which is why being too emotionally invested in a win over Temple may not be a wise play ...

Losing to the second worst team in conference is not the standard USF should be striving for.