• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A 2-4-8 Three Season Forecast Approach..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

From my understanding the Golesh offense focuses on utilizing the extra wide hashes in college to space everything out and create a bunch of 1 on 1 matchups all over the field. Then they figure out the weakness of the defense they are playing and any mismatches that may play to their advantage, and then just spam the **** out of it in a hurry up offense so they don't have time to adjust.

Not only did Hooker not have to scramble or look past his first read, his first read would be wide open most the time. Even against Alabama. When Hyatt had 6 catches for 5 touchdowns and 207 yards vs Bama I think only 1 of those catches was contested, every other time he was just running free wide open against a Saban defense.

So, if they ran a play every 15 seconds or so, they lined up, called the play, read the defense, and executed? I’m good with that.

Also, there’s no way in hell after the call came in from the sideline that they had time to tell the qb which receiver would be open.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,651
  • Days Won:  6

Pre-season optimism - I now want 6-7-8 next 3 years.  That is all.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,411
  • Days Won:  3

Sounds good but can he do it with USF talent?

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,572

36 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Sounds good but can he do it with USF talent?

That's the million dollar question every coach at usf but one figured out a way to beat some decent programs.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  870
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, bulloni said:

From my understanding the Golesh offense focuses on utilizing the extra wide hashes in college to space everything out and create a bunch of 1 on 1 matchups all over the field. Then they figure out the weakness of the defense they are playing and any mismatches that may play to their advantage, and then just spam the **** out of it in a hurry up offense so they don't have time to adjust.

Not only did Hooker not have to scramble or look past his first read, his first read would be wide open most the time. Even against Alabama. When Hyatt had 6 catches for 5 touchdowns and 207 yards vs Bama I think only 1 of those catches was contested, every other time he was just running free wide open against a Saban defense.

Thanks for this. Fire me head first out of a cannon to Bowling Green already. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, bulloni said:

Perfect. AAC Champs!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

5 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Pre-season optimism - I now want 6-7-8 next 3 years.  That is all.

GO BULLS!

Certainly 6 wins this year and 7 wins next year would be great, but I think year three at least 10 wins and competing for a conference championship should be the expectation; especially in a much weaker AAC.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,572

15 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Certainly 6 wins this year and 7 wins next year would be great, but I think year three at least 10 wins and competing for a conference championship should be the expectation; especially in a much weaker AAC.

I want to see at least 4 wins to show improvement. Anything else is a plus. I really want to see an improved defense. It will be interesting to see Golesh's offense attack with all the transfers and losses from the offense.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,037
  • Days Won:  10

24 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I want to see at least 4 wins to show improvement. Anything else is a plus. I really want to see an improved defense. It will be interesting to see Golesh's offense attack with all the transfers and losses from the offense.

I agree; year 1 I just want to see improvement and some positive momentum. Hopefully we get more then 4 wins but I just want us to move on from the last 3 years, and 4 wins would be a decent ( albeit still somewhat disappointing) start.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, BDYZR said:

So, if they ran a play every 15 seconds or so, they lined up, called the play, read the defense, and executed? I’m good with that.

Also, there’s no way in hell after the call came in from the sideline that they had time to tell the qb which receiver would be open.

When they ran the hurry-up offense at the Spring game, they were averaging 10-12 seconds. Impressive, but can they do that in the fall?