• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Byrum Brown

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Days Won:  28

One cool fact that was mentioned is that Byrum graduated high school with a 4.0 gpa and currently has a 4.0. This kid is also smart. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Kid looks like the real deal

Hope he sticks around 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

As good as Brown was against a bad Tulsa team with a bad defense, I still think Bohanon is better.  Bohanon was really coming into his own when he got hurt.  after starting out the year with 6 INT's, he had thrown 6 straight TD's with no int's and was running the ball extremely effectively.  He's just an absolute load to bring down.  

Brown played against Tulsa.  Bohanon had played against BYU, Cincinnati, and Florida.  Cool the jets on Brown until more is seen.  He may be great, but it's too early.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

As good as Brown was against a bad Tulsa team with a bad defense, I still think Bohanon is better.  Bohanon was really coming into his own when he got hurt.  after starting out the year with 6 INT's, he had thrown 6 straight TD's with no int's and was running the ball extremely effectively.  He's just an absolute load to bring down.  

Brown played against Tulsa.  Bohanon had played against BYU, Cincinnati, and Florida.  Cool the jets on Brown until more is seen.  He may be great, but it's too early.  

You're also comparing a guy who's in his 4th(?) year to a true freshman making his first start on a dumpster fire team. Gerry had his moments and he's probably the better overall QB, but if BB is anything like he showed against Tulsa he will quickly surpass Gerry.

Gerry's biggest strength was his ability to run which also led to him getting hurt. His accuracy was highly suspect and that was with our best playmakers healthy.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

On 11/19/2022 at 8:06 AM, Rocky Style said:

I'm a huge GB supporter too on here, but ****.  The throws are accurate and the runs are good.

Again, one game and a series though.  I would say remember Mike White's first game and I thought he was Dan Marino.  I guess it's a different situation though.

I'm hoping he gets to play next week and our team decides to give a crap and win one for the gipper.

Mike White is in the NFL, QF is not.  That doesn't mean QF should not have ended up the QB.  But it does mean that Mike White was a lot better on a tire fire USF team than anyone ever gave him credit for.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732

8 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Cool the jets on Brown until more is seen.

I get that cautious optimism is usually called for in all things USF sports, but in a season like this, I think we can all get as hyped as we want about what we just saw. 🤘

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

Don't get too excited about him..

Tulsa defense is bad as ours..

BG may think about the transfer portal again depending on BB's performance against top 20s defense UCF and who will be our new coach.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

22 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

Mike White is in the NFL, QF is not.  That doesn't mean QF should not have ended up the QB.  But it does mean that Mike White was a lot better on a tire fire USF team than anyone ever gave him credit for.

CWT always hated Mike White.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Let hope Bohanon and Brown are here in the Spring & Fall of 2023.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

17 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Let hope Bohanon and Brown are here in the Spring & Fall of 2023.

Go BULLS !!!

Would be great if they are.  I'd be comfortable with either starting and the other as backup. 

• Go Bulls! 1