• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Qualifications to take over USF Head Coach Job

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

One that would work for his salary.

$1mil annual + $100,000 for each win = $2.2-2.3million

PLUS $250,000 bonus for Conference Championship

PLUS $250,000 Bowl game win

PLUS $500,000 National Championship

Of course why would a coach want to tie his salary to production like common folk.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

jackson-state-tigers-head-coach-deion-sa

Sanders spoke about his coaching career during an interview with “60 Minutes” that aired on Sunday night.

This was only last month, don't think he'd say this unless he thought he was ready for the next step. Don't think Auburn or Nebraska take that risk. Wisconsin is likely going for Jim Leonard. Georgia Tech has too many recruiting restrictions for him.

If it comes down to USF vs Colorado vs Arizona State I don't think its too crazy for him to think we'd be the easiest place to win at for 2-3 years then turn it into a bigger job.

He has like 14 blue chip kids on that roster too, have to imagine we'd have an immediate talent infusion of guys following him from Jackson State in addition to traditional recruiting

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, bulloni said:

If it comes down to USF vs Colorado vs Arizona State I don't think its too crazy for him to think we'd be the easiest place to win at for 2-3 years then turn it into a bigger job.

That would be great for USF.  That gets us almost to the stadium opening.  

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

Just gotta love a well researched article. I was looking to see if Derrick Brooks and Deion Sanders had any other connection other than FSU and came across this... "Brooks was a homegrown talent for Tampa Bay, and has Super Bowl champion and Defensive Player of the Year on his career resume." 

108852326_crop_0x0.jpg?1305141099

While the NFL may be able to lock out its present players, there is no way to lock out the game's past. Every franchise, young or old, has been defined by a few players...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Deion brings Deion, but the fact he'd be gone as soon as considered successful leads me to temper my excitement.  I know, I know, you guys say get used to that because we are a stepping stone.  Sorry, not my style, not my goals for this program.  If we haven't got one hire right since Leavitt, what makes you think we can hit two in a row, maybe within 2-3 years?  LOL.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:
  1. Previous head coaching experience - Willie Simmons
  2. Proven, known experience recruiting Florida - Willie Simmons look at FAMU's offers compared to the offers we have out on the 247 site.  
  3. Proven,known ability to develop players - Willie Simmons
  4. Experience identifying talent on the portal - Willie Simmons. Hell he poached to of our players this year. 
  5. A demonstrated undying, contagious competitiveness - Willie Simmons. Last year, his offense almost put up 500 yards of offense on us. This year his team hung with North Carolina with 20 players out of the game. His team is on an 8 game winning streak.

Would be a terrible hire. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

19 minutes ago, Brad said:

Deion brings Deion, but the fact he'd be gone as soon as considered successful leads me to temper my excitement.  I know, I know, you guys say get used to that because we are a stepping stone.  Sorry, not my style, not my goals for this program.  If we haven't got one hire right since Leavitt, what makes you think we can hit two in a row, maybe within 2-3 years?  LOL.

Taggart was a good hire.

UCF looks like they have made 3 good ones in a row( actually 4 if you consider O'Leary as a success there)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

Taggart was a good hire.

Noticed that but pretty sure what he meant by "getting it right" is somebody who won't leave if/when they have success here ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

Yeah, I guess that could/should be called "right".  Of course he was near termination when things finally Qlicked.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Noticed that but pretty sure what he meant by "getting it right" is somebody who won't leave if/when they have success here ....

oh. I guess my definition of a good hire is different.