• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Bullgang said:

We need Leavitt to bring back energy and excitement to the program. I’m hoping for Leavitt or Sanders. 

You truly think it could happen?

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540

41 minutes ago, StPeteBull91 said:

I hope so! They are the two biggest jolts with head coaching experience, right?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390

8 hours ago, StPeteBull91 said:

Maybe just wishful thinking but anything can happen 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225

18 hours ago, bulloni said:

Good point, but there is a USF coaching staff you could make that have people with actual experience

HC: Jim Leavitt

DC: James Rowe - played baseball at USF. But since then was DC at Valdosta State and they led D2 in interceptions, 3 year defensive assistant for the Washington Commanders, Broyles award nominated DB coach at App State, DB's coach for the Colts, and now DB's coach for the Bears

Co-OC: Larry Scott - interim HC at Miami, OC at Tennessee, HC at Howard

Co-Oc: Marquell Blackwell (Co-OC at Houston and now RB's coach at Ole Miss)

LB coach: Auggie Sanchez - cerebral player who is the HC @ Seminole in Pinellas, leading them to 8-2 currently

Then you'd have the guys like Flowers & Kayvon Webster who have mentioned they would like to get into coaching be lower level assistants.

I’d include Thor as the O-line coach

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

I’d include Thor as the O-line coach

Where does Shaun King fit into this?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225

1 hour ago, Peatearpan said:

Where does Shaun King fit into this?

Good question. King didn’t graduate from USF. He went to that school that has water for a mascot (Tulane). That being said, he’s from St. Pete, so he has local connections. He did go to Gibbs, and not Northeast (my alma mater), but I won’t hold that against him (lol). His pro experience is worthy, and I thought he did a good job with Taggart’s offense. I think that he was even Q’s quarterback coach at one time. I’d hope that the next coach would bring him back on the staff, as I’d like to see him on the sidelines again.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,567

55 minutes ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

Good question. King didn’t graduate from USF. He went to that school that has water for a mascot (Tulane). That being said, he’s from St. Pete, so he has local connections. He did go to Gibbs, and not Northeast (my alma mater), but I won’t hold that against him (lol). His pro experience is worthy, and I thought he did a good job with Taggart’s offense. I think that he was even Q’s quarterback coach at one time. I’d hope that the next coach would bring him back on the staff, as I’d like to see him on the sidelines again.

Go Bulls

I have been saying that I would like King as an OC based off of nothing more than personal preference. I don’t have expertise in this area, but he was her when Q was.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777

So, let's just assume that retreading CJL doesn't happen. Just doesn't. Will there be considerable gnashing of teeth and rending of garments or do we, deep down inside, know it was never in the offing and that our speculative pining was a fun keyboarding exercise that has run its course? 'Cause the next question will be how much time we give the future-yet-currently-unnamed coach before "Aaarrgh! This never would have happened if you'd hired Leavitt back! "?. 🤔

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

So, let's just assume that retreading CJL doesn't happen. Just doesn't. Will there be considerable gnashing of teeth and rending of garments or do we, deep down inside, know it was never in the offing and that our speculative pining was a fun keyboarding exercise that has run its course? 'Cause the next question will be how much time we give the future-yet-currently-unnamed coach before "Aaarrgh! This never would have happened if you'd hired Leavitt back! "?. 🤔

I think I can commit to the first minute of the first game but it will be a struggle 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, WoolyBully said:

I think this why I'm teetering on making The Jim my #1 choice. If he works out, awesome. If not, it will, or at least should, shut down one of the most annoying traditions this board has had to endure for a baker's dozen years ...

• Haha 1